Question: Margerittaville Frozen Concoction Maker

TideRollsInVa

All-SEC
Oct 16, 1999
Lake Martin, AL & Atlanta
I received the "Key West" model. I remember Bayoutider having one for a few years now and was wondering if he or any other forunate owners have any tricks of the trade you might pass on to me? I've found the power cord, that was a feat in itself. Seems simple enough and I've watched some YouTube demonstrations. I also got the carrying case and am willing to travel!!!!!!!:party:

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I have had mine less than a year but it gets a workout. Mine is the DM1000 and since then I bought the Fiji also which holds more ice and I needed two for some of the parties. The only difference between the two besides the price is the amount of ice they hold. Both are great machines, make great frozen drinks and smoothies. I guess half the drinks we make have no alcohol in them. One machine can keep a small party going but over 10-12 drinkers you need another machine. They have a triple machine out on the market but it's pretty expensive but wish I had one :)

Stock up on bananas, strawberries, melon, any fresh fruit, rum, tequila, vodka, peach schnapps, blue curroco, coconut syrup, lime juice, orange juice, pineapple juice and any of those cartons of mixed tropical drinks found at the grocery store. The heck with the recipe books just pour in what sounds good and flip the switch. ;) Also the premixed drinks in big bottles work just fine, add shaved ice and pour.

We call this an unnecessary appliance we can't do without.

PS the drunker you get the easier it is to use :)

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS
I have the larger model and we just love it.
I like the texture of the shaved ice and it REALLY makes a great drink. Throw everything together and hit the switch!
(Recipe book comes with it.)
My wife likes the pina collada best. Who am I to dispute her taste? I'll drink 1 or 4 with her!

:)

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
This thing is so much fun we dont even use the recipe book anymore. Pour in fruit juice and booze and hit the switch. Whatever comes out we call Martinique Surprise. Whole fruit and melon works very well for texture just add enough liquid such as soda water, flavored soda (7 up, sprite) or fruit juice.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
I all so have the Key West model. Man I have made some strange stuff in mine. I just experiment with everything, Banana Rum, coconut ,pineapple then a whole banana.. just mix it all up. I love it I want to Large Tahiti model some day.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.