Maria Taylor gone from espn

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If Jayson Whitlock is correct, though - that Maria Taylor wanted STEPHEN A SMITH money.......then I'm not as in her corner as previously. I've got no problem with negotiation, no problem with her making as much as she can, and no problem with the job she's done. And I have plenty of issues with ESPN the last 7 years or so.

But Stephen A Smith money???? For someone who contributes.....nowhere near as much as that caricature of a sports reporter?????

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Jayson Whitlock is correct, though - that Maria Taylor wanted STEPHEN A SMITH money.......then I'm not as in her corner as previously. I've got no problem with negotiation, no problem with her making as much as she can, and no problem with the job she's done. And I have plenty of issues with ESPN the last 7 years or so.

But Stephen A Smith money???? For someone who contributes.....nowhere near as much as that caricature of a sports reporter?????
From what I have pieced together, her decision to leave was about the contract. ESPN has been pushing back on her contract demands for a while - long before the Nichols thing. They could not reach terms. They will both be fine without one another. But I will still miss Maria on the SECN.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
From what I have pieced together, her decision to leave was about the contract. ESPN has been pushing back on her contract demands for a while - long before the Nichols thing. They could not reach terms. They will both be fine without one another. But I will still miss Maria on the SECN.
She is at NBC now and covering the Olympics (apparently).

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Jason Whitlock is about the last person I'd trust on anything fwiw

Reactions: bamagradinATL

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Might be.

I'm not taking sides, and I have no problem with negotiating.

But I think it's also clear that ESPN is NOT the ESPN a lot of us used to know, too.

Reactions: B1GTide

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I'm a fan Whitlock's and his new show. The clips he played of Taylor put her in a little different light than what I saw just watching her do sideline interviews.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.