Maria Taylor gone from espn

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I'll bet she has better offers...ESPN has been cutting personnel costs for a couple of years at least...those who could command bigger salaries find themselves on the sidelines. I've always liked her, not the least being the longest fingers of any reporter I've ever seen!

BamaHoops

3rd Team
Jan 13, 2019
Yawn. Don't care where she is - she's a good reporter - but not a "must see". She'll get megabucks in the current climate - good for her. I don't care - there are dozen's of qualified people in broadcast reporting - way more than the number of jobs. She's attractive, intelligent, and a former athlete in the SEC. Hope she does really well, but I don't give a damn about her or any other announcer - regardless of race or gender. Tons of people with equal talent just as good right behind them are available.

When it comes to PBP announcers there are far fewer who can do the job at a high level.

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: JustNeedMe81

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Maria Taylor is a class act in a sea of egotistical jerks braying for attention. Handled a couple of high-pressure situations (Saban and Nichols) with grace and dignity, at least in public.

Apparently she’s leaving for NBC, and I wish her all the best.

For me, just one more reason to ignore TWWL. Not that I watch those channels now for anything other than specific sporting events anyway.

I don’t have much respect for their play-by-play or color announcers in any sport, and have not had any at all for their studio-based talking heads in forever.

TWWL’s loss. Will be interesting to see where Nichols goes from here.

Last edited:

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Sam ponder is the only personality to leave that show that I've missed.
You beat me to it. Samantha Ponder has a great personality and what little I watch ESPN during college football season I miss her the most. My other choice is Laura Rutledge. I find it hard to like or watch someone that uses drama to further their career.

Reactions: Relayer

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I liked her when the SEC Network was kicking off a couple of years ago. I have not seen her since then because I do not watch ESPN unless it is CFB. I thought she did a good job back then. I too thought she handled the issue with CNS professionally. Never heard of Nichols.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think she was aiming for thehome run pay and nbc ponied up
I forget the source, but her contract was up for debate a year or two ago. the four-letter network offered her $5M/year, but sources said she was looking for Steven what's-his-name money ($8M/year) and turned down the proffered contract. Now, when money is tighter at the four-letter network, she was being offered in the $2-$3M/year range. Probably should have taken the offer made two years ago. Maybe NBC is offering that kind of money.
She is pretty, smart, and well-spoken. I wish her luck, but don't really care where she works. There are lots of beautiful women lined up to work the sidelines in CFB. As long as it is not Heather what's-her-name, I don't care much. I never watched CFB for the appearance of sideline reporters.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I forget the source, but her contract was up for debate a year or two ago. the four-letter network offered her $5M/year, but sources said she was looking for Steven what's-his-name money ($8M/year) and turned down the proffered contract. Now, when money is tighter at the four-letter network, she was being offered in the $2-$3M/year range. Probably should have taken the offer made two years ago. Maybe NBC is offering that kind of money.
She is pretty, smart, and well-spoken. I wish her luck, but don't really care where she works. There are lots of beautiful women lined up to work the sidelines in CFB. As long as it is not Heather what's-her-name, I don't care much. I never watched CFB for the appearance of sideline reporters.
You are correct. Her contract was up this month. They offered $5 mil, she asked for $8 mil, and the countered with $3 mil. Her leaving had nothing to do with the Nichols thing. She was headed out the door before all that no matter what the media is trying to spin this into.

• Thank You
Reactions: The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.