cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Since his ouster, Gottfried has been ensnared in the ongoing corruption scandal in college basketball after a former assistant of his, Orlando Early, alleged that his former boss was in on payments made to the family of former blue-chip recruit Dennis Smith Jr., who later signed with NC State. Gottfried's lawyer has denied the claims.
To think, there was a time I thought Gottfried was great and was building Alabama into a basketball power.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
To think, there was a time I thought Gottfried was great and was building Alabama into a basketball power.
I would bet my life savings that there are not any "clean" MBB programs who are regularly in the top 10. There is so much money being thrown around in the AAU, etc., that any team who does not have some way of getting money to at least the families of players doesn't stand a chance.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
The program on HBO should have made it crystal clear that 'they' are all doing it, and the whole deal with AAU coaches, shoe companies, agents, all of it, makes it almost impossible for a kid who is worth a damn to get into college and play WITHOUT being offered money. Hell, Zion's family got what, $140K or something like that, so he could go to school for a year, when Coach K knew he would only be there for a year.

And we are probably part of it, too. I mean, you just don't sign the good kids without someone promising them something. If you love college sports as they are now the best thing to do now is just ignore all of this, because people have known about this LSU thing for how long, and still nothing has been done?

rtr

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It reminds me of the ridiculous "amateur" situation in tennis before reality was faced and open tennis came about. It's basically a way of depressing compensation...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.