Poll: Marvin Constant or Dont’a Hightower?

Marvin Constant or Dont’a Hightower

• Total voters

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The sample size for Constant is too small for me to give him an edge over Hightower. But he was a dynamic player before his injury.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Con and CoolBreeze

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I feel like this is a trick question, that it's supposed to be harder than it appears. I would say it's the equivalent to asking Dennis Riddle or Trent Richardson.

• Haha
Reactions: CoolBreeze

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I have to go with Hightower. However, I remember Constant well. It was so sad that horrific injury cut his career short. IMO, he was on his way to being one of the next great "Bama linebackers. We don't know that for sure, but that is what many felt.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I have to come clean: I screwed up the choice. I was thinking Dont’a, then backed out and went with Rolando, but got busy doing other things and came back and had the title in before I realized.

sadly, I can’t even find Marvin’s stats to extrapolate. Both are physical freaks, and using nfl prosperity is against the rules.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I have to come clean: I screwed up the choice. I was thinking Dont’a, then backed out and went with Rolando, but got busy doing other things and came back and had the title in before I realized.

sadly, I can’t even find Marvin’s stats to extrapolate. Both are physical freaks, and using nfl prosperity is against the rules.
OK but the end result on college only is still a massive landslide and I know you came clean...... Someone did actually vote for Marvin.:eek:

Reactions: TIDE24

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005
I was teaching classes at Bama during Marvin's time, and I had him in class one semester. He was a fine young man and a soft-spoken, gentle giant. His injury against LSU still represents much to me what it means to give your all for the team.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I voted for Hightower like nearly everyone else, but I like the question. I was at the game in which Constant was injured and ended his career on one play. It was so sad and he gave so much to the team. In his last play as a Bama player, he saved the game against LSU and won the west for Bama. I'll never forget him. He will always be a Bama legend.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.