Mary Trump's book...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm reading Mary Trump's book. Even after a short distance, it's obvious she's smart, far, far smarter than Donald. Then I remembered that he had an uncle of some repute as a scientist and a sister who, before she ran into the family ethics failing, was a respected federal judge. I guess someone had to get the brains...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm reading Mary Trump's book. Even after a short distance, it's obvious she's smart, far, far smarter than Donald. Then I remembered that he had an uncle of some repute as a scientist and a sister who, before she ran into the family ethics failing, was a respected federal judge. I guess someone had to get the brains...
Mary Trump clearly sees her uncle for who he is. I was suspicious of her motive for writing this book, but after reading just the prologue, I'm convinced she has a genuine motive for writing in addition to money. Yes, she is obviously smarter than her uncle. This book is also better written than John Bolton's book.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This guy?

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Fred dismantled his oldest son by devaluing and degrading every aspect of his personality and his natural abilities until all that was left was self-recrimination and a desperate need to please a man who had no use for him. The only reason Donald escaped the same fate is that his personality served his father’s purpose. That’s what sociopaths do: they co-opt others and use them toward their own ends—ruthlessly and efficiently, with no tolerance for dissent or resistance.

Fred destroyed Donald, too, but not by snuffing him out as he did Freddy; instead, he short-circuited Donald’s ability to develop and experience the entire spectrum of human emotion. By limiting Donald’s access to his own feelings and rendering many of them unacceptable, Fred perverted his son’s perception of the world and damaged his ability to live in it. His capacity to be his own person, rather than an extension of his father’s ambitions, became severely limited.

Reactions: B1GTide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wonder if he has any cousins that were in WWII on the other side.
It's amazing the number of our GIs who did. Years after I graduated from HS, I went back and looked at names. They were about evenly divided between English, Celtic and German. I just hadn't paid attention to ethnicity when I was in school with them. This was in north Alabama...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It's amazing the number of our GIs who did. Years after I graduated from HS, I went back and looked at names. They were about evenly divided between English, Celtic and German. I just hadn't paid attention to ethnicity when I was in school with them. This was in north Alabama...
I have a friend that is Italian that knows his grandfather changed the family name when they came to America in the late 40's to a less Italian sounding name. He has no idea what the original name is.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I have a friend that is Italian that knows his grandfather changed the family name when they came to America in the late 40's to a less Italian sounding name. He has no idea what the original name is.
I have a friend whose family did the change but he knows the old name. OTOH, I have a friend who's Italian descent, half south, half northern, but who is fairly dark. When his family entered the States, the officials changed the spelling, substituting a "z" on the end for an "s," because that was the way it was pronounced. That change modified the name to mimic a common Hispanic name. As a result, all his life, all his family's residence period in the US in fact, it's been presumed they were Hispanic...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.