Mass/Active shooters part 4

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
damn it

CNN —
An active shooter is on campus at the University of Oklahoma in the city of Norman, the school said in a tweet Friday night.

“There is an active shooter at the Van Vleet Oval. Take immediate action now. Run. Hide. Fight!” the University of Oklahoma said in a tweet just before 9:30 p.m. CT.

By 9:45 p.m. CT, another tweet indicated that campus police were investigating “possible shots fired” on the campus. “Avoid South Oval area. Shelter in place,” the university said in the tweet.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
And the beat goes on….incredibly sad, so incredibly avoidable and yet so incredibly predictable. Wild West we are, and Wild West we’ll remain, until/unless the people take back their power. By whatever means necessary.
I worry everyday for my granddaughters.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
damn it

CNN —
An active shooter is on campus at the University of Oklahoma in the city of Norman, the school said in a tweet Friday night.

“There is an active shooter at the Van Vleet Oval. Take immediate action now. Run. Hide. Fight!” the University of Oklahoma said in a tweet just before 9:30 p.m. CT.

By 9:45 p.m. CT, another tweet indicated that campus police were investigating “possible shots fired” on the campus. “Avoid South Oval area. Shelter in place,” the university said in the tweet.

This is a developing story and will be updated.
Well apparently we have gone from fake bomb threats to fake active shooter threats. It did sound odd to have it happen after business hours so it makes sense

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: 92tide

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Mass casualty incident' at Louisville bank after 'active shooter' opens fire

Police in Louisville, Kentucky are responding to an active shooter outside the Old National Bank.

The five story building is on the 300 block of East Main Street in the downtown area of the city.

The Louisville Metro Police Department has advised the public to avoid the vicinity.
'Mass casualty incident' at Louisville bank after 'active shooter' opens fire (msn.com)

Now being reported that the shooter is dead

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: dtgreg and Go Bama

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
the founders obviously did not intend for us to address this issue
Well, if you don't fix our complicated mental health system first I can't support doing anything about this. Also, you can't keep mentally ill people from having guns when they are a danger to themselves or others like you can commit them against their will when that's the case because due process (even though there is due process just like with involuntary commitments). Never mind that you want mental health care for all and have advocated that for years. Never mind that every time you propose some potential action for the problem I oppose it for one reason or another. And never mind that I don't want one single cent of new taxes to pay for it until you cut something else. Besides, you aren't a gun expert and no one can take you seriously because of that.

Reactions: dtgreg and Bamaro

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well, if you don't fix our complicated mental health system first I can't support doing anything about this. Also, you can't keep mentally ill people from having guns when they are a danger to themselves or others like you can commit them against their will when that's the case because due process (even though there is due process just like with involuntary commitments). Never mind that you want mental health care for all and have advocated that for years. Never mind that every time you propose some potential action for the problem I oppose it for one reason or another. And never mind that I don't want one single cent of new taxes to pay for it until you cut something else. Besides, you aren't a gun expert and no one can take you seriously because of that.
if only you knew the difference between a clip and a magazine, i could take you seriously

Reactions: dtgreg and Bamaro

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
4 dead.

At least 6 others injured including 2 policemen, one in critical condition.

The lone gunman is dead. He was a former bank employee.

The gun was an "AR15 style" rifle.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.