Mass shootings . . . . MEH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
At least 10 dead in mass shooting at Buffalo supermarket
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — A gunman wearing military-style clothing and body armor opened fire with a rifle at a supermarket in Buffalo, New York, killing at least 10 people before being taken into custody Saturday afternoon, law enforcement officials told The Associated Press.
This is just the latest. Is this what we have become? Hardly a notice anymore concerning mass shootings. Cities now have weekly mass shootings. Any nut can arm himself and kill and injure many. We have 2A, how do we control the craziness happening weekly in our cities and randomly in arenas, outdoor venues, churches, schools, theaters, grocery stores, dept stores etc, etc; 🤷‍♂️ 🤔

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This is just the latest. Is this what we have become? Hardly a notice anymore concerning mass shootings. Cities now have weekly mass shootings. Any nut can arm himself and kill and injure many. We have 2A, how do we control the craziness happening weekly in our cities and randomly in arenas, outdoor venues, churches, schools, theaters, grocery stores, dept stores etc, etc; 🤷‍♂️ 🤔

The nutjob live streamed it.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/reported-mass-shooting-upstate-york-192727409.html

• Angry
Reactions: seebell

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Mass shootings occur closer to daily than weekly.

• Sad
Reactions: seebell

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Need to vent- the evidence is there. No need for a trial. Execute this piece of human filth. Idk if NY state even has it. Imo, situations like this is what it’s for. I get why we don’t do that but I’ve got to admit part of me feels this about it.

Eta- looks like NY state still has it on the books but doesn’t enforce it. Haven’t executed anyone since 1963

Reactions: crimsonaudio

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The Buffalo shooter says in his manifesto he learned from memes on 4chan that white people were dying off quicker than Blacks, and that the average Black person takes $700,000 in money from government handouts. He believed whites are victims of genocide and “Jews” are behind it...

He says that he chose the location because that zip code had the highest Black population. He wants Black people to return to their home countries. He’d feel less bad knowing all the Blacks he killed are criminals but either way they’re “replacing us” on “our land”

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
In my opinion, we have such a high per centage of people who have a strange powerfully strong gun fetish that I doubt we will see any improvement. Views are so different across the board.

For example, when I see someone wearing a gun in public, I realize they are trying to project a rough and tough image. But when I see them, I wonder what it must be like to be so timid and afraid of the world that you have to be carrying to feel comfortable.

I saw an Ivey ad yesterday, she pulled her pistol out of her purse saying she’d signed another law easing up on guns and when and where you can wag them around. I know some women fairly closely related to Ivey, they would all think the idea to carry a pistol in their purse as either extreme or ridiculous.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — This week alone, Baltimore has seen several shootings—including two mass shootings in a single day.

The violence includes the murder of a pregnant woman and her fiancé.

“We have in the United States, along with a homicide epidemic, we have a gun epidemic,” University Of Baltimore Criminologist Jeffrey Ross told WJZ.

New data from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention shows a historic increase in gun-related deaths in the United States.
The agency reports that gun homicides jumped 35% in 2020—the highest number ever recorded since the CDC started gathering this data in 1968.

“That might be better access to guns,” Ross said. “People, during the last two years during the pandemic, have felt that the police have not been responsive. Trust in police has decreased. I think a lot of people [are] taking matters into their own hands.”
“They also live in communities where there’s high gun violence, high poverty to begin with, so that’s why that sort of dynamic has happened,” Ross said.

The CDC report found that young black people are more likely to be victims of gun violence—especially black men.
Baltimore Criminologist Says City Suffers From “Gun Epidemic” (msn.com)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The drug industry is finally seeing a little blowback for their role in creating a generation or two of junkies here but so far the gun companies are still enjoying their salad days.

Things caught up with the tobacco industry after skating for years, maybe all is not lost.

Reactions: Go Bama and 92tide

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Milwaukee mayor announces 2-night curfew after mass shootings
Milwaukee Mayor Cavalier Johnson imposed a two-night curfew for individuals under the age of 21 within the city's entertainment district on Saturday. The curfew is from 11 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.

Police will be enforcing the curfew and individuals found in violation will be arrested and fined $691, according to police.

The curfew comes after three shootings in the entertainment district left 21 people injured on Friday.
Milwaukee mayor announces 2-night curfew after mass shootings (msn.com)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
For example, when I see someone wearing a gun in public, I realize they are trying to project a rough and tough image. But when I see them, I wonder what it must be like to be so timid and afraid of the world that you have to be carrying to feel comfortable.
this, so much this. Every time I see someone open carry I chuckle. I have a neighbor who does. I see him walk his dog by every now and again and I laugh at him every time.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Chicago shootings: 27 shot, 5 fatally, in weekend violence, CPD says
SUNDAY
A 16-year-old boy was among two shot Sunday morning in Lawndale on the West Side. The boy and a 57-year-old man were standing on a sidewalk in the 700-block of South Albany Avenue about 2:30 a.m. when they were struck by gunfire, Chicago police said. The teen was taken to Stroger Hospital with a gunshot wound to the right leg, police said. He was listed in serious condition, officials said. The man was shot in the right arm and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was in fair condition, police said. No one was in custody.

A 13-year-old boy was shot Sunday morning in South Shore on the Far South Side. The teen was standing on a sidewalk with a group of people in the 7800-block of South Essex Avenue about 1:45 a.m. when someone opened fire, striking him in the buttocks, Chicago police said. He was taken to Comer Children's Hospital, where he was in fair condition, police said. No one was in custody.

SATURDAY
Two men were among a group of people walking in the 300-block of South State Street about 11:40 p.m. when two male juveniles started shooting at the group, Chicago police said. One man, believed to be between 18 and 20, was shot in the neck and chest and taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in critical condition, police said. The other man, 18, was shot in the left hand and taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition, officials said. Two juveniles were taken into custody for questioning.
Chicago shootings: 27 shot, 5 fatally, in weekend violence, CPD says (msn.com)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
this, so much this. Every time I see someone open carry I chuckle. I have a neighbor who does. I see him walk his dog by every now and again and I laugh at him every time.
Agreed. While there are surely some exceptions, IME most of the open-carrying people are precisely those I'd not want around me if a shooting started.

This from someone with a lifetime state-issued concealed carry license.

As for shootings - typically we discuss mental health issues, and surely mental health is a factor here, but this kind of hatred has always been with us and sadly, always will.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Agreed. While there are surely some exceptions, IME most of the open-carrying people are precisely those I'd not want around me if a shooting started.

This from someone with a lifetime state-issued concealed carry license.

As for shootings - typically we discuss mental health issues, and surely mental health is a factor here, but this kind of hatred has always been with us and sadly, always will.
Its not just the fact that the hate exists, it’s that it is getting amplified by the de facto nationally recognized news source for people who are most likely to be white supremacists.

I‘m not sure what the answer is but to say “this kind of hatred has always been with us and sadly, always will” seems awfully defeatist. I mean look at the anti abortion mobilization for 50 years that looks to be effective this year. If those same people valued life as much as they valued the unborn, I imagine a change could be enacted.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If I wanted to go in somewhere and just start shooting, the first bullet goes in someone open carrying.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If I wanted to go in somewhere and just start shooting, the first bullet goes in someone open carrying.
I read a little story yesterday. A guy went into a gun store and asked to see a 1911. When the clerk handed it to him, he took a live mag out of his pocket, inserted it and chambered a round. Then he said "I like it; I think I'll just take it." The clerk told him to look around. All the clerks were armed and had their pistols trained on him. When he turned back, the original clerk also had the drop on him. The owner then approached him and just said "Give me the gun, son," which he did. Then the owner told him to lie face first on the floor and wait for the police, who arrived momentarily, greeting the owner by name and shaking their heads at someone dumb enough to try that in a gun store. Most of those clerks in gun stores are retired cops or, at least vets familiar with firearms and most of them are armed...

Reactions: Bamaro, Con and Jon

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Ted Nugent at the Trump rally yesterday: “Think of what the enemies of America have done over the last 14 months .. I love you people madly, but I’d love you more if you went forward and just went berserk on the skulls of the Democrats and the marxists and the communists.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.