Mass shootings . . . . pt 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The house did pass a separate red flag bill. Don't ask me why all these different bills unless they want something to pass so there's no excuse.
I think multiple smaller bills make more sense as then each one can be debated on its own merits rather than sweeping generalizations. But I've long thought our bills should generally be more concise and individualized rather than the typical omnibus bill that's presented now.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You would have to repeal the 26th amendment.
I sort of wonder if the 26th would pass today. As I remember, the main thrust of the argument behind it was the basic unfairness involved in drafting someone and sending them to Vietnam, when they weren't even allowed to vote. With all that's come out about brain maturity since then, no draft, and with the shootings by guys in the 18-21 bracket, I'm not sure it would...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I think multiple smaller bills make more sense as then each one can be debated on its own merits rather than sweeping generalizations. But I've long thought our bills should generally be more concise and individualized rather than the typical omnibus bill that's presented now.
You conveyed my message better than I did.

but the time was the sides would each compromise to get something bigger done with efficiency. That is no longer the case, which leaves your strategy as the only mechanism that might be viable and even then it is unlikely any of them will pass which will lay bare the lies that the strategy of structuring the bills is the problem.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
  • Smash Keyboard
Reactions: crimsonaudio

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Mods, can we get a special language dispensation for this guy? 'Cause...Jesus Christ....

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It's an interesting article, but not realistic at all for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Bamaro and seebell

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just read it. I sure wish they'd raised the age to 21, because a lot of these guys have no juvenile record, but it probably wouldn't pass...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
It's an interesting article, but not realistic at all for the foreseeable future.

Repeal and replace

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Not happening and all articles like this do is fuel the far right’s fear the Democrats want to take their guns away.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
This seems fine...

Guys, I don’t know how I feel about some teachers who go crazy on kids for chewing gum in class carrying a gun. Some teachers, I would trust, but not all. Some can’t handle the responsibility of keeping up with it all the time.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Guys, I don’t know how I feel about some teachers who go crazy on kids for chewing gum in class carrying a gun. Some teachers, I would trust, but not all. Some can’t handle the responsibility of keeping up with it all the time.
There's also the problem of how teachers can keep the guns secure but easily enough accessible to do any good. I've had good friends and relatives who are teachers. All hate the idea. Some females think the gun could be taken and used against them...

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and Con

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
There's also the problem of how teachers can keep the guns secure but easily enough accessible to do any good. I've had good friends and relatives who are teachers. All hate the idea. Some females think the gun could be taken and used against them...
I’m glad they all hate it. You have to supervise the hall in between classes and it is hard to watch inside your classroom when the kids are filing in for class. I guess teachers who carry a gun will have to have it on them all the time. This will scare some kids seeing a teacher with a gun. They are used to an SRO (cop) carry a gun and a taser, but not their English teacher who is teaching them how to use a comma.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I could see a student(s) arresting the teacher for their weapon then using it to create a mass shooting. Our people in leadership are a bunch of idiots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.