Mass shootings . . . . pt 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Apparently the police stopped the only good guy with a gun on scene.

In multiple instances, cops have killed other good guys with a gun on scene.

This fantasy about good guy with a gun and everyone lived happily ever after needs to stop.
I am sure they would have shot and killed an unarmed black guy if that had been the situation. But actual lunatic with a gun, they stand in the hallway "waiting for a key"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I am sure they would have shot and killed an unarmed black guy if that had been the situation. But actual lunatic with a gun, they stand in the hallway "waiting for a key"
"Waiting for a key" for an unlocked door, it turns out. After the shooter shot through the door, no one ventured to twist the damned knob. Now, I was an adrenalin junkie at a earlier age. I lived for putting my life on the line and risking it. That said, I don't judge folk who are different. BUT, if your mindset is to save your own ass first, you don't belong in a uniform with a gun strapped on, pledged to protect...

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This gun bill is a cop-out. They do a few things to solve the problem without doing anything major.
Skip down to the part where it says what is not in the bill:
They left out more than they covered.
I get it. I really do.

But this is about getting done what can be done today and not throwing a fit and skipping what can be done because we're upset about what can't be done.

It sucks, but it's better than nothing.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Reactions: seebell

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Seems like that money could be better spent on good training for the local cops.
You are correct, it could, but people will always look at that school and be reminded of what happened there. The kids will no doubt be traumatized every time they walk in the door as well. They already wasted training dollars on those guys, no reason to throw more money at them.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Would this be a first?? Demolishing the site of a mass shooting??
So demolish and put a new school in the exact same location? Seems like a waste of money. I know something horrible happened there, but a new building won't change that.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bamaro and seebell

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
"Waiting for a key" for an unlocked door, it turns out. After the shooter shot through the door, no one ventured to twist the damned knob. Now, I was an adrenalin junkie at a earlier age. I lived for putting my life on the line and risking it. That said, I don't judge folk who are different. BUT, if your mindset is to save your own ass first, you don't belong in a uniform with a gun strapped on, pledged to protect...
As far as I am concerned if all this stuff is true these cops should have the same charges brought as the ones who put the knee on that guy's neck a couple years ago.....it's the same freaking thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.