Maui Invitational moving to North Carolina

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
And here I was happy that it was still on lol :)
I hope they have a great showing

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
One would hope they checked with the invited schools to confirm they're still planning on participating. Otherwise, I think an announcement of replacement team(s) would have been made simultaneously. Teams are wanting games at this point and this is a relatively close place to get them.

It's a pretty good lineup of teams and Bama should get a good early season test from any of those teams.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
One would hope they checked with the invited schools to confirm they're still planning on participating. Otherwise, I think an announcement of replacement team(s) would have been made simultaneously. Teams are wanting games at this point and this is a relatively close place to get them.

It's a pretty good lineup of teams and Bama should get a good early season test from any of those teams.

I agree, here's a good article from CNO about the Invitational and also finalizing the schedule. Interesting note, the tournament could very well be the first time we see action this season

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I don't mind it being at UNC. We need that kind of atmosphere (yes, I know it won't be a full arena but it is still Chapel Hill) so that when we get into the season real good you've been under the "bright lights" already.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I don't mind it being at UNC. We need that kind of atmosphere (yes, I know it won't be a full arena but it is still Chapel Hill) so that when we get into the season real good you've been under the "bright lights" already.
The article says it will be in Asheville NC, not Chapel Hill.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Sounds like no fans will be allowed in. Unless something major changes the players will be in a bubble similar to the NBA, and the games will be closed to the public. So there should really be no home state advantage for UNC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.