McClellan vs Gibbs

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If I'm not mistaken Gibbs was lined up as wide out or slot some with Jase in backfield against Vanderbilt, that's two very good individuals on the field
I've heard word of a two back set. Jase in the backfield with Roydell or Jamarrion with Gibbs out wide sounds like a slant away from a Tide score.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It seems many on this board thought Gibbs was the 2nd coming of either Derrick Henry or Najee Harris. He's just not that type running back. But he is very good at what he does. He's like a new weapon, and a great addition to the offense.
I think the more comfortable he gets in the offense, and the more settled the coaches get into the offense we're trying to be, I think we'll see a more explosive Gibbs. Right now, there's a lot of "figuring it out" going on with not only the coaches but players as well.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I've heard word of a two back set. Jase in the backfield with Roydell or Jamarrion with Gibbs out wide sounds like a slant away from a Tide score.
I don't know much about x's and o's, but what was our 3 back set about vs Vandy? It happened once I think. I can't recall what happened on the play though. I just remember there were 3 running backs, which I have not seen much before in this offense.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
A lock over Moody or Lawson? Why did he never play next to Henry in mop-up duty last year?The guy played exclusively at OLB his freshman and sophomore year. I realize Saban said that eventually might have become the plan but it didn’t. These guys have been RB’s their whole career.
Yeah, I don't remember hearing any talk or discussion about Sanders moving inside until Arkansas moved him there and Saban made a brief comment this week that we would have considered it. Sanders would have never transferred if he knew he would be starting at ILB. And Sanders is a beast and hope we figure out a way to block him.

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
I don't know much about x's and o's, but what was our 3 back set about vs Vandy? It happened once I think. I can't recall what happened on the play though. I just remember there were 3 running backs, which I have not seen much before in this offense.
May be giving upcoming opponents something to think about.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If the power running game doesn't develop, one bandaid could actually be the wildcat with Millroe. I know you don't want to take the hand out of a Heisman trophy winning QB, but if it's an obvious running situation (and Alabama clearly doesn't want to run a sneak with Young)... it could make it harder to stop Alabama. Millroe is a big guy and a very good runner, put him back there with Gibbs for instance and there's actually a lot you can do.

Reactions: Bamabuzzard

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Yeah, I don't remember hearing any talk or discussion about Sanders moving inside until Arkansas moved him there and Saban made a brief comment this week that we would have considered it. Sanders would have never transferred if he knew he would be starting at ILB. And Sanders is a beast and hope we figure out a way to block him.
Saban mentioned that a while back. Wasn't the first time he brought it up. I believe he mentioned that at the beginning of the season. I believe it was on Hey Coach show. What's weird is that Saban tried to get Sander to stay and told him he would be moved to ILB next to Henry. He would've been a starter, but he chose to transfer and then told Arkansas coach he wants to play ILB. I think this was on Monday when he was discusssing Alabama.

When I heard that, I thought it was weird..... like Alabama was caught off guard with his transferring. This is similar to Kelian Robinson transferring to Texas... similar comment but only this time Sander is doing well.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Here's an interesting quote, which had more to do with my last comment but I guess this is as good a place as any to put it:
"During his weekly radio show Thursday night ahead of the Crimson Tide's matchup with Arkansas, Alabama head coach Nick Saban was asked about Milroe's development. According to Saban, Alabama still hasn't maximized the quarterback's skillset during his limited playing time.

"We have put him in games but we have never really done things that he can do really well in the game," Saban said. "I mean, he would be a guy that would be really great running some quarterback runs with that would be completely different than what Bryce does. And when we put him in the game, we're really trying to help him develop in our offense the things that we could do
."

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.