Media Preseason SEC Selections

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I think BAMA can beat UGA to win the SEC championship (if each team makes it), if we stay healthy especially at key positions.

I read where Chris Doering picked UGA's DeAndre Swift to win the Heisman. I hope Tua can play well enough and stay healthy to win it though.

It's good to see so many BAMA players on the pre-season list. RTR!

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
So, is the media doing a poor job, or is winning the SEC a lot harder than people think?
The media isn’t very reliable for sure. They just stir the pot and very rarely get things right. (I’m Nick Saban and I approve this message)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
May be a bad omen. The media's only picked the SEC winner 7 out of 26 years.
I think it goes to show that it is easier to be the hunter than the hunted. Of course, we are accustomed to having the target on our back. Some years we handle it better than others. We shall soon see how 2019 plays out.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Apparently, winning the SEC is not a requirement for winning a national championship. So, win the SEC and NC or just win the NC , either way it’s all good!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Apparently, winning the SEC is not a requirement for winning a national championship. So, win the SEC and NC or just win the NC , either way it’s all good!
NC is the goal, but the traditional purist in me prefers the SECC and then NC!:wink:

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
We got lucky in 2011 and 2017 I wouldn't count on that happening, especially with the playoff format.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
So, is the media doing a poor job, or is winning the SEC a lot harder than people think?
I think it's both. We should have a really good team coming back. You'd be remiss not to pick Bama to win the SEC but there are land mines along the way.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
But most of those 7 have came during Saban's dynasty

You could also argue that 2015, and 2017 they got it right since in 2015 Alabama did win the west (they picked Auburn as champion) and in 2017 it was Alabama over UGA in the NCG.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.