Medical marijuana - a veteran's story

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It does, actually. :D There's what you would expect with odors of pine, citrus, berries, and others. Very floral, overall.

I had to put the first batch into the veg trays on the inside fridge but then bought a small used fridge for $50. I'll be moving the produce out there today. In the meantime, those baking soda boxes for the fridge work great to reduce the odor to the point you have to open the fridge to get a whiff and even then it isn't overpowering. I have four of them put in the drawers.

We went to Reno a while back and bought a new car. On the way back we went through a small town and I caught a good whiff. Turns out there's a large legal hemp grow down that way. Couldn't say for sure that was where it was coming from.

I had a similar experience in Colorado Springs recently

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I had a similar experience in Colorado Springs recently
The authorities also recently raided a few large illegal commercial-scale grows in the area, thus why I am unsure of the origin. Basically, because of the high taxes the black market is thriving and the counties and state are missing out on the revenue so they are raiding those blatantly flaunting the law.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
We've harvested two plants. They are currently trimmed and drying. After trimming we washed the buds and after 12-24 hours in the dry tent they went into paper bags and then into the fridge for a slow drying process that takes about three weeks. Washing gets pet hair and bugs gone and the low and slow drying method preserves terpenes and I am told leads to a better overall product. The remaining plants are anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks from being finished. Good medicine is on the way.
Can you refresh my memory and describe what variety you are growing. (sativa, indica, hybrid, name of cultivar)

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Can you refresh my memory and describe what variety you are growing. (sativa, indica, hybrid, name of cultivar)
This grow consists of 6 strains or cultivars. They are: OG Kush CBD (sativa-leaning hybrid) and Northern Lights (indica) - both harvested, as well as Orange Sherbert (indica-leaning hybrid), Blueberry (indica-leaning hybrid), White Russian (indica-leaning hybrid), and Master Hemp MH1 (mostly sativa).

I now have clones of each and mother plants to produce more clones so I can continue growing these strains without popping new seeds each time.

In addition to all that I am growing six new strains from seed: Big Bud (indica), OG Kush (indica), Durban Poison (sativa), Wedding Cake (indica-leaning hybrid), Purple Orange CBD (IIRC sativa-leaning hybrid), and Skywalker Kush (indica-leaning hybrid). I will be adding some clones from the last grow to this grow and still have a few more strains waiting in the wings so we will have a third grow beginning in about another 4-6 weeks to cycle through it all. After that we will back off to maintaining mothers and replenishing supplies. The different strains will allow everyone to have something to suit their needs and experiment a bit with the mix of strains for the capsules I am making for my son to see what works best. Most will go into blended oils and then into capsules, though we will also make some topicals from the trim and roots and some of the flower will be put to use in the traditional manner by Mrs. NT17 (but I will be making some oil capsules and vapes specifically for her to reduce that need).

The MH1 will be sent to lab for testing as I need to know its cannabinoid profile. This is because THC tends to range from 0.3-0.5% and CBD from 12-16% and I need a more precise assessment.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bamaro

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Just over four oz on Northern Lights and just under 2 oz on OG Kush CBD dry weight.

OH, and there's this: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/more-a...U8EM_vBBGGv283mLb_nqDoykbeL553TbgfNewRV_Dg-2I

The House Judiciary Committee has approved a bill Wednesday that would decriminalize marijuana at the federal level. The Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act of 2019, or MORE Act, passed 24-10 after more than two hours of debate. It now heads to the full House.The bill would remove marijuana from the list of federally controlled substances, allow states to set their own marijuana policy and require federal courts to expunge prior convictions for marijuana offenses. A 5% tax on marijuana products would also establish a trust fund for programs designed to help people disproportionately impacted by the "war on drugs," including job training and treatment for substance abuse.
"For far too long, we have treated marijuana as a criminal justice problem instead of a matter of personal choice and public health. Whatever one's views on the use of marijuana for recreational or medicinal purposes, arresting, prosecuting and incarcerating users at the federal level is unwise and unjust," House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler said in his opening statement.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Total dry weight for the first harvest: Just shy of 1.4 lbs/22 oz. Up next is making oils for capsules and such. Mrs NT17 is already enjoying the harvest and getting calming pain relief.

We went through a tough time with the kid. He quit taking his meds altogether, lost transport to school due to behaviors - been a mess. Things have improved significantly. Hoping for more good things.

I sit here thinking a father will do just about anything for his kids. Makes me understand my father a little better, acting at times in ways that weren't beneficial to him and I can forgive/accept some of that a bit more.

I also wonder if I'd get life in prison for growing medicine for my kid back in Alabama.

Alabama Laws & Penalties
OffensePenaltyIncarceration Max. Fine
Possession
Personal Use
Any amountMisdemeanor1 year$ 6,000
Other Than Personal Use
Any amountFelony1 year and 1 day* - 10 years$ 15,000
* Mandatory minimum sentence and fine
Sale
Any amountFelony2* - 20 years$ 30,000
By a person over 18 to a minorFelony10 years - life$ 60,000
Within 3 mile radius of a school or a public housing projectFelony5 yearsN/A
Trafficking
In excess of 2.2 lbs - less than 100 lbsFelony3 years*$ 25,000
100 lbs - less than 500 lbsFelony5 years*$ 50,000
500 lbs - less than 1,000 lbsFelony15 years*$ 200,000
Cultivation
Manufacture 2nd DegreeFelony2* - 20 years$ 30,000
Manufacture 1st DegreeFelony10 years - life$ 60,000
Hash & Concentrates
PossessionFelony1 year and 1 day - 10 years$ 15,000
Manufacture 2nd DegreeFelony2 - 20 years$ 30,000
Manufacture 1st DegreeFelony10 years - life$ 60,000
Paraphernalia
Use or possession of paraphernalia with intent to useMisdemeanor1 year$ 6,000
Delivery or saleMisdemeanor1 year$ 6,000
Use, deliver, or sell, possess with intent to deliver or sell, or manufacture with intent to deliver or sell, or to possess with intent to use, drug paraphernalia to manufacture a controlled substanceFelony1 year and 1 day - 10 years$ 15,000
Subsequent violation of delivery or saleFelony1 year and 1 day - 10 years$ 15,000
Delivery or sale to a minorFelony2 - 20 years$ 30,000
Miscellaneous
A marijuana conviction will result in a 6 month driver's license suspension.
Carly's Law is an affirmative and complete defense for the parent or caretaker of an individual who has a prescription for the possession and use of cannabidiol (CBD).
I figure at least three felonies and likely an intent to distribute to boot. For growing medicine for my kid. It's insane. If California is good for nothing else it's good for this.

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama and 92tide

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
another study showing lower opioid use in legal States

While recent research has shown that cannabis access laws can reduce the use of prescription opioids, the effect of these laws on opioid use is not well understood for all dimensions of use and for the general United States population. Analyzing a dataset of over 1.5 billion individual opioid prescriptions between 2011 and 2018, which were aggregated to the individual provider-year level, we find that recreational and medical cannabis access laws reduce the number of morphine milligram equivalents prescribed each year by 11.8 and 4.2 percent, respectively. These laws also reduce the total days supply of opioids prescribed, the total number of patients receiving opioids, and the probability a provider prescribes any opioids net of any offsetting effects. Additionally, we find consistent evidence that cannabis access laws have different effects across types of providers, physician specialties, and payers.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
In the process of getting my medical marijuana card here. Met with a licensed doctor this morning after sending him diagnosis paperwork from my oncologist. Filled out paperwork with the state and now it’s just a matter of waiting for formal approval (2 weeks now).
Good for you getting your card. Silly that they make you wait. Anyone should be able to walk into the dispensary and buy it (if they are of age, obviously, or have a medical card regardless of age) and/or grow it at home (or pay someone to do it for them).

Sorry you have the need for it, but if you have questions feel free to PM me and I'll try to help with answering or point you in the right direction.

As a general rule, start low (dose) and go slow. If you are experienced then disregard that. :)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Good for you getting your card. Silly that they make you wait. Anyone should be able to walk into the dispensary and buy it (if they are of age, obviously, or have a medical card regardless of age) and/or grow it at home (or pay someone to do it for them).

Sorry you have the need for it, but if you have questions feel free to PM me and I'll try to help with answering or point you in the right direction.

As a general rule, start low (dose) and go slow. If you are experienced then disregard that. :)
That's just a way for regulators and doctors to skim 'their share' of the profits.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.