Link: Meyers and Jaguars negotiating

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Who is Meyers?
I think he's that guy that coaches football every now and again then leaves to spend time with his family. First it was to spend time with his family in Columbus. Then it was to to spend time with his family at Fox Sports. I guess now it's to spend time with his family in Jacksonville.

Reactions: REBELZED

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not saying this IS his mindset but maybe...

"I can't possibly win FIVE more titles, even at Ohio State.

So I have two options.

1) Go win a title at a third school (not even Saban did that) OR
2) go to the NFL and possibly win a Super Bowl, which puts me up there with Jimmy, Barry, and Carroll.

And they never won titles at multiple schools so....."

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We should care? 🤔
Not everyone should but we're in the off season now so given Coach Meyer's tenure in college football I think it's worthy of a thread. Also always newsworthy when a coach leaves coaching for a while and then decides to come back. Be the same if Coach Bob Stoops came back. Even if it's an NFL gig.

Stoops....Meyer....those guys are legends......

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
There is talk of Charlie Strong joining him as DC. Makes me wonder what would happen then if Golding heads to Texas since it seemed like Strong would be possible replacement at Bama.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
There is talk of Charlie Strong joining him as DC. Makes me wonder what would happen then if Golding heads to Texas since it seemed like Strong would be possible replacement at Bama.
Maybe Karl Scott gets a look. Saban works with him on a daily basis with the DB's. He was a linebackers coach and DC before his arrival if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.