Miami Marlins

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Oh the irony of the Marlins having a good/winning team this year with nobody* in the stands.

*literally nobody, not the usual "nobody in Miami" ;)

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Oh the irony of the Marlins having a good/winning team this year with nobody* in the stands.

*literally nobody, not the usual "nobody in Miami" ;)
Well seeing how they have only played one good team, and only 11 games I would say that history will eventually catch up to them. Marlins have never won the East and I suspect this isn't the year that they win it either.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
I like their approach, throw the young guys out there and see how they do. You lose the pressure of the fans and it allows those guys to potentially perform!

I wish Atlanta would take note of it with Pache and Waters along with Anderson, Muller, and Davidson. Granted I am beginning to question Atlanta's ability to coach any pitchers up. Soroka and Fried are exception to the rule there. What they are calling with Wright as he works through a line up after the first inning is criminal.

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I like their approach, throw the young guys out there and see how they do. You lose the pressure of the fans and it allows those guys to potentially perform!

I wish Atlanta would take note of it with Pache and Waters along with Anderson, Muller, and Davidson. Granted I am beginning to question Atlanta's ability to coach any pitchers up. Soroka and Fried are exception to the rule there. What they are calling with Wright as he works through a line up after the first inning is criminal.
Well you also have to take into account that Atlanta at the beginning of the season (before COVID) looked to have a pretty solid rotation and one of the best bullpens in baseball.

1) Soroka- Hurt out for the season
2) Fried- in the running for the NL CY Young
3) Hamels- Hurt will return in September
4) Foltz- back to assignment after a pretty good year
5) Felix/ Newcomb- Opt out/ assignment

Now

1) Fried
2) Erlin
3) Tomlin
4) Touki
5) probably Anderson soon

I mean the fact that Atlanta is still currently in 1st place is pretty amazing. That doesn’t even take into account that Acuna, Albies, and Markakis have significant portions of missed games.

Reactions: crimsonkelly

bamamick

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2005
I read all the time about people who don't like Snitker and think he needs to be replaced, but here they are, about to win a 3rd division title, and this one the toughest one of all.

On 8/22 81usa92 wrote that the rotation was: Fried, Erlin, Tomlin, Touki, and probably Anderson.
On 9/22 the rotation is Fried, Anderson, Wright, and Ynoa, who looks o.k. for 3-5 innings at the most. They are starting Bryce Wilson today.

If Sorotka hadn't gotten hurt this team might have won the World Series, the offense is that good. As it stands they are good enough to win the division with the craziest pitching situation I can remember.

ML

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Here's hoping Braves can find a reliable 3rd pitcher over the next week and that the others perform reasonably well. Man, it stinks that Soroka was hurt and Hamels was 1 and done. Fried and Anderson and Wright HAVE to stay healthy.

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I read all the time about people who don't like Snitker and think he needs to be replaced, but here they are, about to win a 3rd division title, and this one the toughest one of all.

On 8/22 81usa92 wrote that the rotation was: Fried, Erlin, Tomlin, Touki, and probably Anderson.
On 9/22 the rotation is Fried, Anderson, Wright, and Ynoa, who looks o.k. for 3-5 innings at the most. They are starting Bryce Wilson today.

If Sorotka hadn't gotten hurt this team might have won the World Series, the offense is that good. As it stands they are good enough to win the division with the craziest pitching situation I can remember.

ML
Snitker makes some really bone headed decisions on bringing pitchers in too quickly or keeping them in too late. It’s annoying but everyone pretty much does. No snitker isn’t the problem. Alex is. Yes he gets a lot of credit for bringing in Smith, Greene, Melancon, and Martin but what about a #3 guy. Hamels even when healthy is well past his prime. At some point you have to make a calculated gamble and stop playing conservative with what you need. There are plenty of blue banners in the outfield but only 1 Red one. That’s the problem with the Braves. It’s been since 2001 since we advanced beyond the divisional round.

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Here's hoping Braves can find a reliable 3rd pitcher over the next week and that the others perform reasonably well. Man, it stinks that Soroka was hurt and Hamels was 1 and done. Fried and Anderson and Wright HAVE to stay healthy.
Right now, bringing Folty up is probably the only option at this point. I still think we wasted an opportunity by going for only Milone At the deadline. Unless we are planning to play a bullpen game as a 4th game then we are going to be forced to put someone in the #4 spot that is completely unreliable. But a bullpen game is going to be dangerous with no off days after the WC best of 3 series.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Folty's problem is entirely above his shoulders. He never recovers from a bad call or a HR. Bryce Wilson's performance last night might fill the bill.

bamamick

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2005
A nice finish to the regular season (so far, with four more games left to play). Congratulations to the Bravos for a 3rd consecutive division title.

bamamick

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2005
Playoff baseball! And the Marlins made it in after losing 100 games last year. Braves/Reds? At this point, who knows? I don't think the Braves have the starting pitching to get much done, but we will see.

Bama started fall ball last week! Man, I hope we get to have a relatively normal season in 2021.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - Get New Gear!

TideFans.Shop up to 60% off!!
OHT: Military appreciation collection with a charitable component!

TideFans.Shop - Get your Bama gear here!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop link may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.