Mike Leach is a National Treasure (an appreciation of his views on various subjects)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Yup but he also is good for at least one inexplicable win AND an inexplicable loss every year. You will look at his schedule and wonder how the heck did he win that one AND how the heck did he lose that one?
Kinda like Gus; he has a 60% win percentage. Nowadays; that gets you $ 5 Million a year; in Starkville.
Ridiculous

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I always thought Leach needed to be in the SEC. Since Spurrier retired, we really lacked a coach good at one-liners and jokes.

When he was at Washington State, I used to watch his press conferences on Youtube every week. I haven't been as diligent since he moved to Starkvegas.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Different kind of individual no doubt about it. Sport psychology is hard to comprehend at times. Hard to figure what telling your team they are scared will produce on the field the next game, or the next time they play Bama. I guess we will find out.

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
2nd Q, Leach answers that some of his guys are scared of the Alabama jersey.
4:00 minute mark: Q about the bye week
A: 2 min ramble about riding in the station wagon, getting a toy dinosaur at the gas station. Leading to evolution of T-Rex arms compared to his guys not using their hands.
Not using the hands was a big theme tonight for him
I watched this yesterday. I kept wondering if he was spitting chewing tobacco into his cup, sniffing the cup, or if it was coffee he was trying to cool off in the cup. Then, after awhile, he actually drank from the cup. He is one interesting person, that is for sure.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Maybe he was scared of the Alabama jersey? Would that explain not taking a field goal or not punting from you own 30 ?
Leach is the most interesting and overrated coach out there
My personal favorite is the "fat little girlfriends" line

Last edited:
Reactions: Bazza

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.