Miller Forristall out "several weeks"

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It's not great. He's basically the only pass catcher we've got at the position. Frankly, I thought this was a game for trying to put 6 OL in and pounding them...so maybe it isn't killer but it takes the only pass catching option at TE off the field.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Might explain 19 playing more than expected Saturday and already reaching 4 games when many thought he would redshirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Might explain 19 playing more than expected Saturday and already reaching 4 games when many thought he would redshirt.
I didn't notice Billingsley out there. He is essentially a big receiver. Great hands, but not enough bulk yet.

Did you see how well he handled his blocking assignments?

A shame to see Miller go down after his best game.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Who is the next best TE who can both block and catch? I know Tennison gets a lot of play time and we have a few others on the roster but Forristall usually gets the TD's.

I hate it for him and the team. Forristall seems like a great guy in his interviews. At least the team has 2 weeks to practice someone else with 1st team reps at TE.

It doesn't look like Bama will flip Arik Gilbert but it would be great to get Darnell Washington next year due to our lack of quality depth at that position.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Jahleel Billingsley is real good. Has lot of upsides to his game. he can block and catch. I was hoping he would redshirt this year, but he definitely has done some nice things for the team. The depth we have is deep and that includes the walk on. Now, look at Owens/Randolph weights... That's for blocking purpose. IF they need a TE that can catch the ball.. we have unlimited options. I feel good about what we have.

Miller Forristall 6,5', 242lbs <--- Out for few weeks.
Major Tennison 6'5' 245lbs
Gile Amos 6"4, 245lbs
Cameron Latu 6'5, 247lbs
Chris Owens 6'3', 315lbs
Kendall Randolph 6'4, 296lbs

Walk ons:
Daniel Powell 5"11, 213lbs
Melvin Billingsley 6"3, 230lbs
Micheal Parker 6'6', 260lbs
Richard Hunt 6'7', 235lbs <( why aren't we using him for Redzone offense? Throw high and let him catch the ball.)
Quindarius Watkins 6'4, 230lbs

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Who is the next best TE who can both block and catch? I know Tennison gets a lot of play time and we have a few others on the roster but Forristall usually gets the TD's.

I hate it for him and the team. Forristall seems like a great guy in his interviews. At least the team has 2 weeks to practice someone else with 1st team reps at TE.

It doesn't look like Bama will flip Arik Gilbert but it would be great to get Darnell Washington next year due to our lack of quality depth at that position.
quality depth... Interesting way to put it. We don't have enough quality depth, but we do have depth to get the job done.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
The al.com article says Forristall had a throat/voice box injury. Wow. I wonder when that happened? I'd like to go back and watch the play it happened on.

Bama seems to have the weirdest injuries sometimes....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.