Milroe & Arnold & Hayes doing LANK song

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Milroe needs to concentrate on working on being a better qb instead of all this LANK mess. The more he does all this kind of stuff the more I question his wanting to actually improve as qb and rely on politics to give him the job.
If he wants to make money off it then bully for him and I hope he makes it rich. but at the same token if he wants to only do this hee hee ing when it’s good for him and throw public temper tantrums when it’s not then don’t be surprised at all the crap comes his way.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This could go two ways: JM finally clicks as a QB and it becomes his anthem. OR, he doesn't and it becomes an insult played by opponents as he sits on the bench.
Didn't even think about that aspect but you are right.

It could be used as ammunition to mock when adversity comes a calling.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Didn't even think about that aspect but you are right.

It could be used as ammunition to mock when adversity comes a calling.
Either way, in this new NIL player focused environment, it remains to see how things like this turn out.

At the least, he's making money, but it's a lot of focus on "me" instead of "team."

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Either way, in this new NIL player focused environment, it remains to see how things like this turn out.

At the least, he's making money, but it's a lot of focus on "me" instead of "team."
That’s my problem with it. It screams ‘Me’.

In retrospect that post-game IB outburst was a warning sign.

I defended it when it happened but I think I was wrong.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
That’s my problem with it. It screams ‘Me’.

In retrospect that post-game IB outburst was a warning sign.

I defended it when it happened but I think I was wrong.
Yeah, I didn't like it from the beginning for a few reasons.

But the one that was most obvious is what I think is his real problem: a lack of self-awareness to his real strengths (running) and weaknesses (passing), which he has backward.

His IB outburst fit the mold of a lack of self-awareness. He had just had a pretty bad game and then made one great play but he thinks that merits the Heisman???.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I think Milroe needs to concentrate on working on being a better qb instead of all this LANK mess. The more he does all this kind of stuff the more I question his wanting to actually improve as qb and rely on politics to give him the job.
Jalen Milroe likely has the best practice work ethic of any player on the team. And you're going to criticize him for having some fun on the side? What's he supposed to do in his free time? Sit at home and twiddle his thumbs?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Wow! A young man can't have any fun with his friend, without being criticized. Unbelievable! More "Milroe Bad" from the anti-Milroe crowd. I don't see anyone criticizing Terrion Arnold for this.
I see absolutely nothing wrong with them having some fun.
I did. I said in my 1st post in this thread 'Anyone'.

Just speaking for myself I'm not Anti-Milroe.

I'm Anti Drawing attention to yourself in a team sport and being about 'Me'.

I don't want to hear a peep about anybody on the team off the field unless it's something related to giving back in a charitable way...which to Jalen's credit there has been some of that in the past as well.

But I want the team to completely cut ties to everything last season.

'LANK' was not a good thing for our team and it still isn't.

What did we let people know? That we can't make the NCG with the most talented team in the country?

The ME-ness that is in our program need to be removed. I don't care if we have to go 7-5 to do it.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I did. I said in my 1st post in this thread 'Anyone'.

Just speaking for myself I'm not Anti-Milroe.

I'm Anti Drawing attention to yourself in a team sport and being about 'Me'.

I don't want to hear a peep about anybody on the team off the field unless it's something related to giving back in a charitable way...which to Jalen's credit there has been some of that in the past as well.

But I want the team to completely cut ties to everything last season.

'LANK' was not a good thing for our team and it still isn't.

What did we let people know? That we can't make the NCG with the most talented team in the country?

The ME-ness that is in our program need to be removed. I don't care if we have to go 7-5 to do it.
Unfortunately, "ME-ness" is a thing among what seems to be a majority of young people...athletes or not.
Like it or not, this is something that is going to become more and more common in years to come.

One question I have is whether all the focus on self-promotion, cashing in when they can, and multiple transfers is going to result in players being less prepared for the NFL.

Latest threads