"Miracle Finish" Gives BAMA Series Over Miss. State

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
After taking game 1 on Thursday night by a 2-1 score, BAMA decided to spot State a 5-0 lead after 2 innings tonight. BAMA went into the bottom of the 7th down 6-4. Ally Shipman blasted one to deep space to cut it to 6-5. BAMA then pieced enough together to load the bases. Megan Bloodworth then ripped a double to the left field corner that scored 2 and gave BAMA the 7-6 victory. For anyone that watched the game, things looked a bit bleak until BAMA woke up in the 6th inning. Roll Tide!

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I was there and that place was rocking tonight. If you have never been to the Rhoades house, it is worth it! The girls are good and Murph has done a great job!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Sometimes its better to be lucky, but I fear that we are going to be sweating bullets for the SEC regular season championship because of weird pitching moves that have costed us some games. It stinks that we dont play Arkansas and have to hope that someone beats them for us. But if we have any hope we cant keep getting into situations like this. MSU is an average SEC team but they have owned our hitters for one game and 5/7 innings.

Good win but we have to get better pitching and hitting if we want to actually make noise in a few months.

catsbane

Scout Team
Dec 11, 2008
Helena
Was listening online. The crowd was very supportive, maybe even decisive. Good job by Salter holding things together until the cavalry arrived. Unfortunate that she didn't get the win. She deserved it.
Agree that we're not in a position to give away wins. Given the schedules of the two teams though I think we have a decent shot at catching if not overtaking Arkansas.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Can't overlook or discount those who contributed to the 3-run rally in the 6th. Dowling with a solo shot and Lord with a 2-run dinger.

I heard the Kilfoyl was supposed to pitch last night but was not feeling well. Salter relieved Torrence and pitched really well, deserved the W that went to Fouts.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
They said at the stadium Kilfoyl was out due to illness but she was in uniform with a mask on jumping around In the dugout and on field with team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.