Game Thread: Misc. Games of the day catchall

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I just figure we do a catchall for all the games today.

Virginia ruins Bud Foster's last game.

Iowa up on Nebraska 17-10
Mizzou and R-Kansas are tied at 7
Tejas beating Texas Tech 49-24

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Game just ended. Virginia Tech had a 15 game winning streak in the series. Virginia just ended the streak and will play clempson.
Wow, I wished I could have seen that.

I'm watching Iowa and Nebraska right now. LOL, Scott Frost. Nebraska. They just cannot break through. Losing 24-10 right now, in a game that determines bowl eligibility for them. And its in Lincoln. I'm not sure why I take delight in their suffering... maybe 81usaf92 has influenced me. Maybe it was the media obsession with UCF and Frost while he was there, and folks like Brando declaring he'd turn Nebraska into the next dynasty.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Not that it matters but it knocks VT from the rankings...was Clemsons only ranked opponent currently. I'm sure they'll raise Virginia up Tuesday though.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Wow, I wished I could have seen that.

I'm watching Iowa and Nebraska right now. LOL, Scott Frost. Nebraska. They just cannot break through. Losing 24-10 right now, in a game that determines bowl eligibility for them. And its in Lincoln. I'm not sure why I take delight in their suffering... maybe 81usaf92 has influenced me. Maybe it was the media obsession with UCF and Frost while he was there, and folks like Brando declaring he'd turn Nebraska into the next dynasty.
It was a back and forth game and was entertaining to someone that had no vested interest in either team. I was shocked to learn Virginia had that long of a losing streak to Va Tech. I had no idea. Can you imagine losing to your biggest rival? well, I guess, 13essee fans could.

I too enjoy seeing the former National Championship coach lose. It pleases me.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It was a back and forth game and was entertaining to someone that had no vested interest in either team. I was shocked to learn Virginia had that long of a losing streak to Va Tech. I had no idea. Can you imagine losing to your biggest rival? well, I guess, 13essee fans could.

I too enjoy seeing the former National Championship coach lose. It pleases me.
And to beat all, I think Virginia once dominated the rivalry, back in the days of George Welsh and before Beamer turned VT around.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
By mildly entertaining do you mean just a notch above colonoscopy?

I am not watching the game, but was reading a news site just now and it said about 15 players and a few coaches from Arkansas are not playing in the game today due to a mumps outbreak on the Arkansas team. Wow. I hope the rest of the team does not get it. What a way to end a bad season.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I am not watching the game, but was reading a news site just now and it said about 15 players and a few coaches from Arkansas are not playing in the game today due to a mumps outbreak on the Arkansas team. Wow. I hope the rest of the team does not get it. What a way to end a bad season.
What the ?!!!!? I was working in Little Rock about this time two years ago and there had been a mumps outbreak in central Arkansas .

It is like an Arkansas holiday tradition? Thanksgiving, Christmas and mumps?

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
MMR shots anyone?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.