Question: Mississippi game…early thoughts?

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Prior to last weekend's showing, I really wanted Saban to walk onto the field carrying a large bucket of popcorn. Now...I'm so sure.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Same old story as every other road game.

Except this time they're facing the best offense they've faced with a good coach *and* I'm not sure Bryce is very healthy.

On the other hand, same as before, Bama has good players and can win the game easily.

I have no idea how the game will go. There's no outcome that would surprise me. Close game, double digit win or loss. Well, that's not true, if Alabama comes out and plays disciplined and sound football I will be very surprised.

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
would hope they respond to all the negative media, social media and news fallout from the LSU game and come out with a chip on their shoulder and run over Ole Miss....BUT that hasnt been their MO so far this season. I expect another frustrating game to watch and a narrow victory...hopefully....

Reactions: Tenntiderman

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
What worries me is Kiffin's brain. He can scheme to put his best player on Alabama's weakest. "If we line up like this, and put this guy in motion, then Alabama player Z will be covering Ole Miss player 1, and I like our chances."

On the other hand, maybe Alabama will buck up and play their best game of the year.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The offense has had a few spurts but since Young returned he's played 12 quarters of football. against UT they had 3 good quarters, then of the next 8 quarters Alabama only scored TD's in 3 of those and one of the 3 was only 1td. I don't care what else is going on, any offense that can go that dry for entire quarters can get you beat by anybody. Given our road record with penalties thus far and the fact that Kiffin always gives us his best game, I expect us to lose again this week, possibly by more than 7.

I kept waiting for the revenge tour to start, but barely squeaking by or losing outright doesn't effect these players at all.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I do not think OM is great, but I thought we matched up better with LSU than OM. OM has its defensive struggles. Until this Bama team shows me something different I will have to believe they are the same team they have been all year.

Kiffin has been waiting for an opportunity to attack this defense. He will put his guys in the right spot and do the right things. He has had an off week to prepare (and he has been preparing longer than that). Kiffin will not be reckless like he was last year and I do not believe he thinks he has to be. Their defense will show up at home, and we will do nothing to take the crowd out of the game.

I really hope I am wrong, but at this point I need this bama team to show me they are going to do what they are capable of doing and stop talking about it. Until then I believe we are in for another long day.

Reactions: CB4 and CoachJeff

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Stop the run, that includes containing the quarterback. CATCH THE DAMN BALL. First guy makes the tackle, or at least slows them down.

I worry about Kiffin's scheme, but until these guys stop self destructing even BoB's offense can do things on this team.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
This has played out exactly how I hoped it would not. We are coming in after a tough game with LSU - both mentally and physically. Ole Miss is coming in after an off week - rested, confident, with an extra week for Kiffin to put together his gameplan.

I see two possibilities for how this will go:

1. We come out flat. Ole Miss jumps to an early lead. We get frustrated and start making stupid mistakes - unnecessary roughness, unsportsmanlike conduct, possibly someone on defense ejected for targeting.

Eventually we gain some composure and get back in the game, making it close. It comes down to 2 or 3 key plays at the end with Kiffin fooling our DC. Ole Miss wins in a close one.

2. We come out angry and with a chip on our shoulders. We play up to our potential and win convincingly.

Which scenario plays out is anybody's guess. Unfortunately, I'm thinking option 1 is more likely.

Reactions: Saban4Ever

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
After watching part of the Ole Miss v LSU game I came out more concerned with LSU than Ole Miss. OM seems to have trouble stopping the run and they are not an exceptional passing team relying more on Dart to run than pass. OM has not beaten anyone of note and has lost to the only ranked team they played LSU. Obviously even at our worst we are even with LSU. I expect crowd noise will not be a factor since OM has a seating only for 65k and 10k of that will be Alabama fans. So I think communication, nerves etc will not play a factor for Alabama. If Alabama scores on first two possessions we will probably win going away...

Reactions: We_are_Bama

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Ole Miss doesn't have a very good defense ( I know doesn't mean anything) but I think we can score if we haven't given up yet on the season, on defense don't have a clue how will play has to be better than recently, against LSU the offense never had a lead with the ball the entire game we took the lead but defense couldn't hold it, let that sink in!

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
After watching part of the Ole Miss v LSU game I came out more concerned with LSU than Ole Miss. OM seems to have trouble stopping the run and they are not an exceptional passing team relying more on Dart to run than pass. OM has not beaten anyone of note and has lost to the only ranked team they played LSU. Obviously even at our worst we are even with LSU. I expect crowd noise will not be a factor since OM has a seating only for 65k and 10k of that will be Alabama fans. So I think communication, nerves etc will not play a factor for Alabama. If Alabama scores on first two possessions we will probably win going away...
The problem is Bama (i.e. BoB) is not interested in running the ball.

After the first drive Bama was pinned at their own 10. They called passes 3 times and punted.

On the next possession Bama was pinned at their own 11. They passed it 3 times and punted.

On the next possession Bama was again pinned at their own 10. They called a run! But there was holding call that backed Bama up to the 5. They called 3 passes and punted.

Reactions: SkinnyFats and Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.