ADMIN NOTE: Misuse of emoticons...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's come to my attention that emoticons are being used as a substitute for snarky responses. Emoticons such as laughing face, face palm and keyboard are to be used only as a response to outside material. Not ever to posts by fellow members. It was for this reason that the roll-eye emoticon was banned. Man up! If you don't have a cogent, logical response to a post you disagree with, then shut up! Going forward, this will be a suspension offense. I would have thought this would be an obvious corollary to sticky one above, but, once again, I overestimated our membership. Final notice...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Those emoticons can be confusing anyway. You never know if they are directed at the poster or are a comment on an article posted. Best to just not use them at all.

Last edited:

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I haven't outlawed the blue font, at least not yet...
I have learned that often-times, when people complain about being attacked or offended, that maybe they should go back and reconsider their own part of the interaction. Maybe they posted something inflammatory, or even ridiculous, and someone called them on it.

I remember seeing this over and over again - once upon a time, as a moderator of a non-sports forum far far away. :D

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Is this just a NS issue or is this being applied to FB as well? Because I see this far more on the FB board happening than the NS.

Reactions: Con
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads