Mo a starter again

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Mo's play during this season is what allowed them to deal TJ Ford with such ease. Mo Williams is an underrated guy in the league. Michael Redd and Mo are a very solid backcourt tandem and their frontcourt is getting better too. Bogut will probably move back to his natural center position, and Charlie Villanueva can go back to playing PF instead of SF as he was in Toronto. The Bucks look like a solid offensive team on paper, and Charlie V's defensive liabilities will probably not be as evident because he'll mainly be a post defender at the 4 spot instead of perimeter defender at the 3 spot.

I'm really happy for Mo. Better watch out though, Steele is going to be tormenting the Association in a few years and challenge Williams as the best Bama PG in the NBA.

CornBiscuit

Suspended
Oct 2, 2005
Mobile, AL
Sounds great, but I am not so sure Mo is going to start.

I think the starters will be:

Bogut, Villanueva, Simmons, Redd & Bell
-Charlie Bell plays great defense and can set up the offense.

Then you have no other 3 spot player. Jiri Welsch will be backing up Redd and & Mo Williams will be the back-up PG.

Mo will be the type guy that comes in and plays more than the starters. Still, a great situation he is in.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
CornBiscuit said:
Then you have no other 3 spot player. Jiri Welsch will be backing up Redd and & Mo Williams will be the back-up PG.

I didn't watch ALOT of the Bucks last year, but I think they went small sometimes with three guards. Something like Williams-Bell-Redd-Villanueva-Bogut. Some Bucks fans on the net worry about Williams ability to set the offense up, but I think the Bucks are going to run the offense through their center (Bogut) much like how Shaq or - to a lesser extent - Brad Miller are used on their teams. A true PG wouldn't matter much in that offense because the decision making is out of their hands. In this case, I think Williams would be an excellent fit for their offense as the PG's main function will be backdoor cuts and spot-up perimeter shooting.

I love inside-out play and that is why I've always enjoyed Shaq. Get the ball inside, force the defense to show their intentions, and make a high percentage play off the read. Good fundamental basketball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.