Montana Fouts Returning for 2023 — 6 Others in Portal

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Oh, wow. Totally unaware of that. That’s a vote of no confidence by a bunch of starters…..almost mutiny.

Murphy’s response will be telling.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Well if this mass exodus does not tell Murphy he needs a change of philosophy nothing will. Sides leaving last season and doing what she did this season is the worst thing that could have happened to this program.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Sounds like he is really concerned.... If my total is correct we have lost six players are any more expected good grief...
The ones I’ve been hearing have all announced. Any more I would be surprised. Doerr is the only one that was more because of playing time. I was hoping after the season Murph could talk them out if it, but either it was too little too late or he didn’t care. IDK but this news today is 90% on Murphy.

He is lucky that Fouts, Shipman, and Downling just love Bama too much to leave otherwise this would be a total team defection.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
The ones I’ve been hearing have all announced. Any more I would be surprised. Doerr is the only one that was more because of playing time. I was hoping after the season Murph could talk them out if it, but either it was too little too late or he didn’t care. IDK but this news today is 90% on Murphy.

He is lucky that Fouts, Shipman, and Downling just love Bama too much to leave otherwise this would be a total team defection.
That is not good. I hope it opens some eyes but its looking doubtful.What about Prange?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That is not good. I hope it opens some eyes but its looking doubtful.What about Prange?
She will be back here from what I was last told. Most of your seniors and super seniors aren’t going anywhere.

Kilfoyl will probably be at Florida or FSU. The others will be trying to get into most likely Arkansas and Georgia.

Reactions: Blindside17

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
From what I've been able to scrape together from various internet sites, the six are:

Abby Doerr
Jenna Lord
Megan Bloodworth
Lexi Kilfoyl
Savannah Woodard
Dallis Goodnight

Doerr was the DP for most of the year, but replaced in several games down the stretch. Honestly, she never hit for much, and I always wondered why Murphy kept her in the DP slot for as long as he did.

Lord was losing playing time

Bloodworth was losing playing time to Kallie Heiviland (sp?)

Kilfoyl was hurt. Wondering if she didn't like the medical treatment, or had made up her mind earlier, and just shut it down the last month?

Woodard was hurt early, never hit above .200, and never got back in good graces after fumbling a long fly ball over the fence for a HR.

Goodnight started for most of the season, but was losing playing time.

Not sure if the losses of playing time were for performance reasons, or attitude reasons. Regardless, the team clearly regressed through the season, and took a nose dive the last 10 games.

As others have pointed out, KB Sides was at best an average hitter during her time in Tuscaloosa. She's torn the cover off the ball in her one year at Arkansas. Granted, that's a sample size of 1, but in light of the overall hitting struggles, has to make you go, "Hmmmm..."

The offseason and next year will be most interesting.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
From what I've been able to scrape together from various internet sites, the six are:

Abby Doerr
Jenna Lord
Megan Bloodworth
Lexi Kilfoyl
Savannah Woodard
Dallis Goodnight

Doerr was the DP for most of the year, but replaced in several games down the stretch. Honestly, she never hit for much, and I always wondered why Murphy kept her in the DP slot for as long as he did.

Kilfoyl was hurt. Wondering if she didn't like the medical treatment, or had made up her mind earlier, and just shut it down the last month?

Woodard was hurt early, never hit above .200, and never got back in good graces after fumbling a long fly ball over the fence for a HR.

Not sure if the losses of playing time were for performance reasons, or attitude reasons. Regardless, the team clearly regressed through the season, and took a nose dive the last 10 games.

As others have pointed out, KB Sides was at best an average hitter during her time in Tuscaloosa. She's torn the cover off the ball in her one year at Arkansas. Granted, that's a sample size of 1, but in light of the overall hitting struggles, has to make you go, "Hmmmm..."

I am only guessing but I would think how Murphy had the girls approach certain at bats. The lineup at times etc has alot to do with it. We all saw it. I'm sure it frustrated the girls alot more then it did us. We made 0 adjustments against Sanford from game 1 to game 3. If I where on the team I know I would be frustrated.

Reactions: Comin2yourCity

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I am only guessing but I would think how Murphy had the girls approach certain at bats. The lineup at times etc has alot to do with it. We all saw it. I'm sure it frustrated the girls alot more then it did us. We made 0 adjustments against Sanford from game 1 to game 3. If I where on the team I know I would be frustrated.
Im hearing that among other things. The program is in very very very bad shape.

BamaHoops

3rd Team
Jan 13, 2019

Abby Doerr
Jenna Lord
Megan Bloodworth
Lexi Kilfoyl
Savannah Woodard
Dallis Goodnight

The lack of player development is certainly cause for concern, along with the 1990's approach to hitting. Losing Goodnight, Woodard, and Kilfoyl is good news IMO. Goodnight was supposedly a top five recruit? Way overrated. Woodard should never have been signed. Kilfoyl never been happy here - she misses her girlfiend / fiance' in Florida - probably headed to UCF or USF.

Last edited:

Comin2yourCity

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 14, 2012
The number of transfers is a little shocking however, I'm more shocked at the alumni (and remaining players) posting "Loyalty" and praise of Murphy on Social Media? They are drawing MORE attention and doubt to the situation.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The number of transfers is a little shocking however, I'm more shocked at the alumni (and remaining players) posting "Loyalty" and praise of Murphy on Social Media? They are drawing MORE attention and doubt to the situation.
Well look at who is doing it…. This isn’t just a hitting coach issue. I’ll say this… you don’t just lose 3 freshmen starters just because of a hitting coach even at Alabama. There was alot that went on and many of those fiercely loyal to Murph knows that it is about to leak out. I mean KB Sides has come very close to throwing dirty laundry out in the open.

What Fouts, Jena, and the others are doing is pretty obvious.

:censored:

Reactions: Comin2yourCity

Comin2yourCity

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 14, 2012
Well look at who is doing it…. This isn’t just a hitting coach issue. I’ll say this… you don’t just lose 3 freshmen starters just because of a hitting coach even at Alabama. There was alot that went on and many of those fiercely loyal to Murph knows that it is about to leak out. I mean KB Sides has come very close to throwing dirty laundry out in the open.

What Fouts, Jena, and the others are doing is pretty obvious.

:censored:
At this point, just let it ALL come out! There have been things over the past few years that should have come out. Long time boosters have been aware and privately expressed their thoughts on Murph. However, those "fiercely loyal" have been louder. People often wonder why there are soo many empty seats behind home plate. These folks love the university and love the "program" but have quit showing up. Money(tickets) NOT a problem for them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.