Montana Fouts Returning for 2023 — 6 Others in Portal

Smooth

Apr 7, 2022
I am an avid fan and attend several games yearly, I live in south Alabama so I am not privy to any info.. I would love for someone to state what the problems might be and quit beating around the bush and hinting.....YES, we need a hitting coach in the worse way, and Montana needs confidence in her changeup but other than that I have no clue about the problems within the program......

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
At this point, just let it ALL come out! There have been things over the past few years that should have come out. Long time boosters have been aware and privately expressed their thoughts on Murph. However, those "fiercely loyal" have been louder. People often wonder why there are soo many empty seats behind home plate. These folks love the university and love the "program" but have quit showing up. Money(tickets) NOT a problem for them.
Its why on the other thread said emailing Byrne might not be as successful as many think. Murph is a well liked coach by the vast majority of Alabama fans and many will not see any reason to get rid of him or force him to change.

Reactions: Comin2yourCity

TideATL70

Scout Team
Oct 20, 2020
It has been a weird few days (weeks?) for sure. I started following the program closely in 2008 or so when ESPN seemed to really start showing a lot of SB. Can't remember a time where there were this many disgruntled players or fans. Although I always wanted Murph to develop more of a pitching "staff" (which he's done a better job with lately).
The optimist in me says he's going to recharge his own batteries and "reboot" the program. But it does feel like we are in danger of falling out of the ranks of the top 6-8 programs.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I am an avid fan and attend several games yearly, I live in south Alabama so I am not privy to any info.. I would love for someone to state what the problems might be and quit beating around the bush and hinting.....YES, we need a hitting coach in the worse way, and Montana needs confidence in her changeup but other than that I have no clue about the problems within the program......
I really don’t want to provide details because it’s an issue that probably shouldn’t be talked about publicly. So unless it actually comes out I’m not going into detail.

But let’s just leave it as that there was a very hostile locker room and Murph didn’t help things.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
I really don’t want to provide details because it’s an issue that probably shouldn’t be talked about publicly. So unless it actually comes out I’m not going into detail.

But let’s just leave it as that there was a very hostile locker room and Murph didn’t help things.
I about to get ugly

U G L Y, U (Murphy) aint got no alibi!

Craps about to hit a wind turbine!

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Well look at who is doing it…. This isn’t just a hitting coach issue. I’ll say this… you don’t just lose 3 freshmen starters just because of a hitting coach even at Alabama. There was alot that went on and many of those fiercely loyal to Murph knows that it is about to leak out. I mean KB Sides has come very close to throwing dirty laundry out in the open.

What Fouts, Jena, and the others are doing is pretty obvious.

3rd, 4th and 5th best averages.

If that video gets out, he is toast.

:censored:

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Well look at who is doing it…. This isn’t just a hitting coach issue. I’ll say this… you don’t just lose 3 freshmen starters just because of a hitting coach even at Alabama. There was alot that went on and many of those fiercely loyal to Murph knows that it is about to leak out. I mean KB Sides has come very close to throwing dirty laundry out in the open.

What Fouts, Jena, and the others are doing is pretty obvious.

:censored:
3rd, 4th and 5th best averages.

If that video gets out, he is toast.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I see where Lord is headed to Ole Miss. She will probably be among their hitting leaders the next couple of years. I'm sure she won't be the only transfer we will be facing in conference play the next few years unfortunately Girls that should be in crimson will be helping their teams beat us.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I see where Lord is headed to Ole Miss. She will probably be among their hitting leaders the next couple of years. I'm sure she won't be the only transfer we will be facing in conference play the next few years unfortunately Girls that should be in crimson will be helping their teams beat us.
two of our rivals are directly pursuing Kilfoyl whether she takes it who knows. Bloodworth and Goodnight are probably good bets to be on a SEC or ACC squad next year. But there is something more troubling. Recruiting.

Reactions: Blindside17

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
two of our rivals are directly pursuing Kilfoyl whether she takes it who knows. Bloodworth and Goodnight are probably good bets to be on a SEC or ACC squad next year. But there is something more troubling. Recruiting.
Can you elaborate on the recruiting. Sounds we're not doing too well there.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
PLAYSOFTBALL.NET
AbbyDuchschererUT2022Midwest Bombers AcketzUniversity of AlabamaKindredNorth Dakota
LarissaPreuittOF,IF2022Birmingham Thunderbolts 04University of AlabamaHartselleAlabama
MarlieGilesC2022Birmingham Thunderbolts 04University of AlabamaChilton CountyAlabama
JocelynBriskiP,1B2023Arizona StormUniversity of AlabamaDesert VistaArizona
KenleighCahalanUT,IF2023Birmingham Thunderbolts 18PUniversity of AlabamaHewitt TrussvilleAlabama

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
AbbyDuchschererUT2022Midwest Bombers AcketzUniversity of AlabamaKindredNorth Dakota
LarissaPreuittOF,IF2022Birmingham Thunderbolts 04University of AlabamaHartselleAlabama
MarlieGilesC2022Birmingham Thunderbolts 04University of AlabamaChilton CountyAlabama
JocelynBriskiP,1B2023Arizona StormUniversity of AlabamaDesert VistaArizona
KenleighCahalanUT,IF2023Birmingham Thunderbolts 18PUniversity of AlabamaHewitt TrussvilleAlabama
LaurenJohnsonOF2023Fury PlatinumUniversity of AlabamaPageTennessee

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Softballamerica rankings

LSU had 4 top 100 recruits when we started regionals

Auburn had 3

Arkansas and Tennessee had 5 each

We had 2

I no longer have the account but unless they were upgraded or we made additions since then we weren’t doing great.

Alabama for years have paraded softball America rankings year after year, but all of the sudden you start seeing them go to random metrics and random rankings. It’s because our rivals have been beating down the doors getting the top players because they know when Oklahoma and Texas come in they need to be competitive at the plate. Last year we had 4 softball America players and 3 of them just left and 1 barely played (Barnhart).

Last edited:

BamaHoops

3rd Team
Jan 13, 2019
Kilfoyl is over-rated IMO. Good - but not great. She was never happy at Bama. Her fiance' (girlfriend) wanted her to be close to home. Look for her to go to a school in Florida - and not UF.

BamaHoops

3rd Team
Jan 13, 2019
Goodnight is transferring to UGA.
Unless UGA has a pack of power hitters this is no big deal. Goodnight would have been a coveted player a decade ago when the slap game ruled. Now slappers are of minimal value unless a team has tons of power. I wish her well, but she was way overrated out of high school. Best value is as a pinch runner.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.