Montana Fouts Returning for 2023 — 6 Others in Portal

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Unless UGA has a pack of power hitters this is no big deal. Goodnight would have been a coveted player a decade ago when the slap game ruled. Now slappers are of minimal value unless a team has tons of power. I wish her well, but she was way overrated out of high school. Best value is as a pinch runner.
Seriously do you watch SEC softball? Georgia was top 3 in every hitting category last year. To include home runs. They hit 107 we hit 51. RBIs… UGA 384-263 UA. Batting average UGA .323 UA .284.

Stats

They are bringing pretty much everyone back.

Last edited:

BamaHoops

3rd Team
Jan 13, 2019
Seriously do you watch SEC softball? Georgia was top 3 in every hitting category last year. To include home runs. They hit 107 we hit 51. RBIs… UGA 384-263 UA. Batting average UGA .323 UA .284.

Stats

They are bringing pretty much everyone back.
Yet we took 2 of 3 from UGA by a combined score of 21-8. UGA's stats look great because they played a soft non-con schedule. In conference only games they hit .280, Bama hit .272. Agree they "out-homered" us - pretty much everyone did. I'm not saying Bama's offense is better than UGA's. My point - which is valid - is that players like Goodnite aren't going to cure UA's problems. We need power and lots of it. And a deeper pitching staff.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Yet we took 2 of 3 from UGA by a combined score of 21-8. UGA's stats look great because they played a soft non-con schedule. In conference only games they hit .280, Bama hit .272. Agree they "out-homered" us - pretty much everyone did. I'm not saying Bama's offense is better than UGA's. My point - which is valid - is that players like Goodnite aren't going to cure UA's problems. We need power and lots of it. And a deeper pitching staff.
Lexi headed to Oklahoma State. Little Surprised most everyone thought she would either be a Nole or Gator from everything I saw.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Lexi headed to Oklahoma State. Little Surprised most everyone thought she would either be a Nole or Gator from everything I saw.
Yeah there was absolutely no way she was going to UCF or USF unless her surgery was that bad for her future. She was too good of a pitcher. Georgia and Arkansas wanted her but ultimately this was probably a better choice for her.

Florida was interested. But they have a pitcher that they are comfortable with I guess.

Arizona kept coming up lately however

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
Yeah there was absolutely no way she was going to UCF or USF unless her surgery was that bad for her future. She was too good of a pitcher. Georgia and Arkansas wanted her but ultimately this was probably a better choice for her.

Florida was interested. But they have a pitcher that they are comfortable with I guess.

Arizona kept coming up lately however
Agreed on her being too good for USF or UCF. I only guessed USF because of the rumors of her wanting to be closer to her fiance, and that it wouldn't be the Gators. I didn't think it would be FSU, since their staff is already solid. Kinda shocked by Okie Lite, since it is much further than Tuscaloosa. That being said, OSU will be really tough again next year, and should definitely make a deep run in OKC again.

On another note, I saw Barnhart a couple weeks ago. She was helping with one of the teams at a tournament my daughter was playing in. Thought it was pretty cool that she was out there helping out with one of the younger travel teams.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Agreed on her being too good for USF or UCF. I only guessed USF because of the rumors of her wanting to be closer to her fiance, and that it wouldn't be the Gators. I didn't think it would be FSU, since their staff is already solid. Kinda shocked by Okie Lite, since it is much further than Tuscaloosa.
Those were pretty much message board rumors from sites like the rant and 247 in which the subject matter goes all over the place. She was being pursued by large schools since the end of the season . Even when it was known after the MSU by people in the know that she was transferring she basically indicated that Georgia, Florida, and Arkansas were preferred choices. If she was going to USF or UCF then she would have made that decision pretty much the second that the season was over and not been flying out to Arizona, Stillwater, Arkansas, and Athens.

But my issue is more this. We have a particular poster on here that wants to act like he is in the know and wants to either downplay everything negative or outright accuse anyone who shares information negative to Murphy as making crap up. Yet this poster is batting well below the Mendoza line in being right. Normally I wouldn’t care about being right on facts I knew were true when someone is just spreading swamp banter they found on the Rant, but this poster has made so many obnoxious comments in the past year that I have to take a little joy in seeing his ill informed take fall completely flat.

FWIW I have no problem with people being very optimistic on the team or Murphy moving forward. Murphy has done a lot of good things and had many surprising seasons. So it’s in the realm of the possibility even though I have my doubts with the way he has handled this team this year and last offseason. But I will say maybe things have improved since certain issues are no longer present.

Last edited:
Reactions: Comin2yourCity

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Unless UGA has a pack of power hitters this is no big deal. Goodnight would have been a coveted player a decade ago when the slap game ruled. Now slappers are of minimal value unless a team has tons of power. I wish her well, but she was way overrated out of high school. Best value is as a pinch runner.
She is still a coveted player. You can't teach speed like that. If she had played 4 years at Bama. She would have probably been top 3 CFs in team History behind Haylie McCleney and Brittany Rogers. Goodnight could hit and bunt. Murphy was trying to make a slapper out of her. There isn't anything with adding slapping to her game. The problem is making her do it at every at bat. She hit her one and only HR of the season in the 3rd game at Arizona. The 2022 team had hitters. What we need is a HITTING COACH! In 4 years at Bama KB Sides hit 3 HRs. In one year at Arkansas she hit 13. In the 1st 27 games Goodnight hit .413. https://rolltide.com/sports/softball/roster/dallis-goodnight/7798 Games included, Oregon St, Arizona, Virginia, 2 against Louisiana, 2 against Texas and SEC series against LSU and Kentucky. During the 2nd half of the season he plays a player (that's in a worse slump) in her place because she's in a slump. She hit above .300 the entire season except for 1 at bat against Stanford. She is a natural leadoff. The 2022 class was one of the best we've ever had and 1/2 of it transferred.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
She is still a coveted player. You can't teach speed like that. If she had played 4 years at Bama. She would have probably been top 3 CFs in team History behind Haylie McCleney and Brittany Rogers. Goodnight could hit and bunt. Murphy was trying to make a slapper out of her. There isn't anything with adding slapping to her game. The problem is making her do it at every at bat. She hit her one and only HR of the season in the 3rd game at Arizona. The 2022 team had hitters. What we need is a HITTING COACH! In 4 years at Bama KB Sides hit 3 HRs. In one year at Arkansas she hit 13. In the 1st 27 games Goodnight hit .413. https://rolltide.com/sports/softball/roster/dallis-goodnight/7798 Games included, Oregon St, Arizona, Virginia, 2 against Louisiana, 2 against Texas and SEC series against LSU and Kentucky. During the 2nd half of the season he plays a player (that's in a worse slump) in her place because she's in a slump. She hit above .300 the entire season except for 1 at bat against Stanford. She is a natural leadoff. The 2022 class was one of the best we've ever had and 1/2 of it transferred.
I fully expect Goodnight and Bloodworth to become household names in the next two years. Jena Lord I have no idea. But anyone that really believes that losing 3 freshmen starters is addition by subtraction and replacing them with 3 more freshmen is a good strategy really has an opinion against facts and logic.

I think goodnight gets far too much criticism by people who don’t realize how much she was criminally underutilized as a hitter.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
I fully expect Goodnight and Bloodworth to become household names in the next two years. Jena Lord I have no idea. But anyone that really believes that losing 3 freshmen starters is addition by subtraction and replacing them with 3 more freshmen is a good strategy really has an opinion against facts and logic.

I think goodnight gets far too much criticism by people who don’t realize how much she was criminally underutilized as a hitter.
Goodnight is special. We will regret losing her along with Bloodworth, Kilfoyl and Lord.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I don't really know what's going on, but from an outsiders viewpoint, BAMA softball does not seem to be trending in the right direction. I can't ever remember losing 6 players to transfer after a season ended. We're usually saying, hey, look at all of the experience we have coming back for next year. It was pretty obvious down the stretch that something was wrong. Murph has earned the right to get it fixed, but if he can't fix it, what then? I don't want to see BAMA softball become just another bottom tier SEC team.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Collegiate softball is the pinnacle for women. Sure there are some professional leagues out there but I don't think they are viable career options.

Given that premise, I am surprised we don't see more transfers on college softball rosters.

I have read this thread and don't have any inside knowledge. But my suspicion is we want to be a pitching oriented team with above average defense backing up said pitching. The coincidence that Fouts came in SM support of CPM after the transfers seems to indicate we are going to do everything to showcase Fouts as long as she is on the roster and continue to recruit 2 shutdown pitchers. Less demand on the recruiting trail then having to chase a roster full of hitters.

It appears the younger players weren't invited into the clique.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.