More championship games than losses.

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
A hidden subtext in the "More championship games than losses" is those loses include championship games, which are by definition, the hardest games a team will play and most likely to lose. Most teams would have around half of their losses just in championship games. Amazing.
I think it is just the one title game vs Clemson.

Reactions: UntouchableCrew

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
The last recruiting class at Bama to graduate without a national title was recruited in Mike Shula's third year.
Just out of curiosity, what constitutes the official time frame of a recruiting class? Is it just four years? I ask because I was thinking that the freshmen in Shula's third recruiting class (2005) would have won a title in 2009 if they were still around as RS Seniors.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know records are meant to be broken, but I just can't see the streak of records Saban, and Alabama under Saban, have made ever being broken. Some of the numbers, like this one, are just unreal. There's no precedent for it in organized sports - of any kind, at any level.
Only thing I can think of is UCLA under John Wooden. Similar championship results IIRC.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I think what Coach Saban has done at Alabama has been the most impressive coaching performance by any HC on any level in any sports & will never be replicated again..

It was the perfect storm for success & passion we had as a football program when Coach Saban came to Alabama..

bamaclimber

3rd Team
Nov 28, 2016
A hidden subtext in the "More championship games than losses" is those loses include championship games, which are by definition, the hardest games a team will play and most likely to lose. Most teams would have around half of their losses just in championship games. Amazing.
Said another way, when Alabama does lose, it's usually to a champion. Of Alabama's 18 losses since the 2008 season, 9 were to championship-level teams: 6 were to teams that won the National Championship, 2 more were to teams that played for the National Championship, and 1 was to an Auburn team that won the SEC West.

2008 - Lost to Florida, which won the National Championship
2010 - Lost to Auburn, which won the National Championship
2011 - Lost to LSU, which won the SEC Championship, and played for the National Championship, losing to Alabama
2013 - Lost to Auburn, which won the SEC Championship, and played for the National Championship, losing to FSU
2014 - Lost to Ohio State, which won the National Championship
2016 - Lost to Clemson, which won the National Championship
2017 - Lost to Auburn, which played for the SEC Championship, losing to UGA
2018 - Lost to Clemson, which won the National Championship
2019 - Lost to LSU, which won the National Championship

Reactions: crimsonaudio

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Said another way, when Alabama does lose, it's usually to a champion. Of Alabama's 18 losses since the 2008 season, 9 were to championship-level teams: 6 were to teams that won the National Championship, 2 more were to teams that played for the National Championship, and 1 was to an Auburn team that won the SEC West.

2008 - Lost to Florida, which won the National Championship
2010 - Lost to Auburn, which won the National Championship
2011 - Lost to LSU, which won the SEC Championship, and played for the National Championship, losing to Alabama
2013 - Lost to Auburn, which won the SEC Championship, and played for the National Championship, losing to FSU
2014 - Lost to Ohio State, which won the National Championship
2016 - Lost to Clemson, which won the National Championship
2017 - Lost to Auburn, which played for the SEC Championship, losing to UGA
2018 - Lost to Clemson, which won the National Championship
2019 - Lost to LSU, which won the National Championship
2021 Texas A&M which won the 247 National Recruiting ESD Title ;)

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: This one alone should have set the entire universe into a quasar meltdown haha!

2016 - Lost to Clemson, which won the National Championship - over Alabama. Hahaha!

2017 - Lost to Auburn, which played for the SEC Championship, losing to UGA- who then lost to Alabama in the National Championship hahahaha, oh God I could do this all day!

2018 - Lost to Clemson, which won the National Championship - over Alabama. Ok, that one hurt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.