Most impactful recruits next year?

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Can't get enough Bama football talk. So my best guesses are Brockermeyer and Latham end up starting due to losses on the OL. Brooks and Leary also will play quite a bit due to losses at WR. Who else will get to play? Any surprises - like one of the low 4 stars or high 3 stars that could surprise some people?

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Can't get enough Bama football talk. So my best guesses are Brockermeyer and Latham end up starting due to losses on the OL. Brooks and Leary also will play quite a bit due to losses at WR. Who else will get to play? Any surprises - like one of the low 4 stars or high 3 stars that could surprise some people?
I'll say Hall on offense and Blackshire / McKinstry on defense.

Reactions: jjv0004

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I'm still looking for ronald williams, i know he got hurt, but didn't he make it back? Have not seen him.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
I believe I counted where we have around 14 early enrollees next year. High chance for there to be several impact recruits.

I’ll go with Latham and Brockermeyer. Definitely a receiver.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
The more I hear about Dallas Turner the more I think he is either a starter or gets significant minutes. I also don't see how Latham and Brockermeyer are not starters with 4 losses on the OL. Leary or Brooks will start at WR. Both will get significant reps. I think McKinstry plays quite a bit along with Jackson (JUCO). If we get Maason Smith by some chance, I can't imagine him not playing. And there always seems to be someone like Malachi Moore this year that just surprises people.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
The more I hear about Dallas Turner the more I think he is either a starter or gets significant minutes. I also don't see how Latham and Brockermeyer are not starters with 4 losses on the OL. Leary or Brooks will start at WR. Both will get significant reps. I think McKinstry plays quite a bit along with Jackson (JUCO). If we get Maason Smith by some chance, I can't imagine him not playing. And there always seems to be someone like Malachi Moore this year that just surprises people.
not meant as a knock on Turner as I'm really high on him, but for him to start he'd have to beat out two really productive starters in Chris Allen and Will Anderson as well as highly rated guys like Sanders, Braswell and Robinson who are currently waiting their turn. That's a high hurdle to clear. I think he'll find some meaningful PT, but we have a LOT of talent on the edge

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Agreed on Turner. He has almost the exact size of W. Anderson. Could definitely see the rotation of W. Anderson/Christopher Allen with D. Turner and D. Sanders spelling them.

We lose Dickerson, Leatherwood, Brown. Do you think Ekiyor is going early to the NFL?

M. Banks, B. Turnage, R.Williams along with J.A.Davis will have something to say about McKinstry and Jackson starting day one. They’ve been in the program for awhile. I think Banks was competing with Jobe for that spot all through the fall.

Dline depth will be insane next year. This will rival any defensive line we’ve had or maybe Clemson’s in ’18.

Reactions: The Ols

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Agreed on Turner. He has almost the exact size of W. Anderson. Could definitely see the rotation of W. Anderson/Christopher Allen with D. Turner and D. Sanders spelling them.

We lose Dickerson, Leatherwood, Brown. Do you think Ekiyor is going early to the NFL?

M. Banks, B. Turnage, R.Williams along with J.A.Davis will have something to say about McKinstry and Jackson starting day one. They’ve been in the program for awhile. I think Banks was competing with Jobe for that spot all through the fall.

Dline depth will be insane next year. This will rival any defensive line we’ve had or maybe Clemson’s in ’18.
I meant 3 on the OL. My bad.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Our current offensive line is amazing. And, I would be very concerned going into next year if it were not for Brockermeyer and Latham being committed. I believe there is a chance for both of them to either start, or have significant playing time. And, they should be the foundation of the offensive line going forward. JMHO.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Our current offensive line is amazing. And, I would be very concerned going into next year if it were not for Brockermeyer and Latham being committed. I believe there is a chance for both of them to either start, or have significant playing time. And, they should be the foundation of the offensive line going forward. JMHO.
I think Latham will start from day one and Brockermeyer may get one of the guard spots if he can pick it up quickly. I am high on Pierce Quick if he gets his weight up to 300 lbs and I think he may start at LG. Kid is technically very solid and has a bit of attitude which we are going to need after Landon is gone.

Reactions: Guido and The Ols

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I think Latham will start from day one and Brockermeyer may get one of the guard spots if he can pick it up quickly. I am high on Pierce Quick if he gets his weight up to 300 lbs and I think he may start at LG. Kid is technically very solid and has a bit of attitude which we are going to need after Landon is gone.
i have heard this also about Quick, he looks like the nice kid next door, but plays pitbull nasty.

Reactions: TiderJack

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.