Most irritating sports personality on TV

VernonTider

Scout Team
Nov 9, 2019
A TON of people could be nominated here, and I know this is stupid, but for me, right this moment, it's "First Take" host Molly Qerim: the shouting over people, seems to have little knowledge of any topic, and I get it's her job to get them in and out of topics and commercials. But shouldn't the "host" have SOME sports knowledge beyond the seemingly-constant desire to relate EVERY SINGLE TOPIC to race relations?

I'd also nominate Skip Bayless in this category (he's like the all-time champion) and I would say Danny Kanell, but he's apparently no longer relevant.

I'm planning on ignoring ESPN quite a bit in this football offseason, but I want to remember some of these things being said (Ryan Clark, Marcus Spears, Finebaum to a degree, etc) so that I can enjoy it when we beat LSU in Baton Rouge in November.

VernonTider

Scout Team
Nov 9, 2019
As far as overall, I know he'll score high on the irritating list -- a website did a recent tournament where Nick Wright of Fox actually won, but Bayless was in the top three. I agree with that. I thought about saying which sports media person is most anti-Alabama. Qerim wouldn't win that, but she did gloat about "Roll Tide" a little bit ago -- and WE WEREN'T EVEN IN THE SUPERDOME losing that game!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I really don't know if I can answer this. I honestly don't watch ANY of the talk head shows anymore. I never watch any pregame hype shows anymore. Sometimes I do listen to the radio, but it's local guys and tend to enjoy them even if I don't agree with their analysis.

I have found that most of the ESPN shows are truly scripted, corporate, create a narrative type shows and I don't have the patience for them. If you aren't being logical, and in fact are over the top trollish, then you've lost my attention. And I've found I have a lot more peace nowadays than I used to.

If I had to give a name it would probably be a Heather Denich. But nowadays if I see or hear anything from her, it's something being posted or repeated on this board.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I really don't know if I can answer this. I honestly don't watch ANY of the talk head shows anymore. I never watch any pregame hype shows anymore. Sometimes I do listen to the radio, but it's local guys and tend to enjoy them even if I don't agree with their analysis.

I have found that most of the ESPN shows are truly scripted, corporate, create a narrative type shows and I don't have the patience for them. If you aren't being logical, and in fact are over the top trollish, then you've lost my attention. And I've found I have a lot more peace nowadays than I used to.

If I had to give a name it would probably be a Heather Denich. But nowadays if I see or hear anything from her, it's something being posted or repeated on this board.
Agreed. This is basically me.

If Clay Travis counts I pick him though.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I used to love this stuff - watched it every day, all year long. I really don't anymore - even leading up to a big game. I watched none of the pre-game or post-game stuff yesterday. Was watching Netflix until just before kick-off. I know who I don't like, but it is mostly based on what I have seen in the past. But I agree that Rece has changed, and not for the better. He has his career to think about, but it seems that he forgot where it all started for him.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'll watch Stephen A, and I'll watch Bayless, and I'll watch Holtz, etc..... even though they annoy me.....

But I can't even leave the TV on if Brando is on......I instantly turn it off........can't do it. I have turned off a game I wanted to watch because he was doing it...... he's the worst person in the world.....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
A TON of people could be nominated here, and I know this is stupid, but for me, right this moment, it's "First Take" host Molly Qerim: the shouting over people, seems to have little knowledge of any topic, and I get it's her job to get them in and out of topics and commercials. But shouldn't the "host" have SOME sports knowledge beyond the seemingly-constant desire to relate EVERY SINGLE TOPIC to race relations?

People who do this are mushrooms.

You wanna know why the media covers stories in that kind of a provocative way? It's because if riots happen, they get to win Pulitzer Prizes and become famous. I'll drop it at that point or it's headed to NS.

I'd also nominate Skip Bayless in this category (he's like the all-time champion) and I would say Danny Kanell, but he's apparently no longer relevant.
Bayless is an intelligent guy who is playing the village idiot.

Tim Brando is a STUPID guy who IS the village idiot.

Danny Kanell......in all honesty, I'll bet he's probably a really good dude. But it's like he wants to be an ACC troll because Florida St. (He has repeatedly refused to engage me on the fact that if UCF deserved a title because undefeated, he needed to give up his 1993 ring since his team had no damn business playing Nebraska - if you use the same logic).

I'm planning on ignoring ESPN quite a bit in this football offseason, but I want to remember some of these things being said (Ryan Clark, Marcus Spears, Finebaum to a degree, etc) so that I can enjoy it when we beat LSU in Baton Rouge in November.
ESPN used to be semi-good. I used to watch it.

Then at some point they gradually began a drive towards politics in everything.

I watch sports for sports and to escape people giving me their opinions on that other stuff.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I just think if you get fired from your 1st major job because you ask if the coach’s daughter married the wrong Defensive coordinator, then you land an ESPN job only to get fired for questioning an athlete’s ethnicity on live tv I think you are one of the stupidest people in sports entertainment.

Rob Parker is all of the things wrong with sports talk shows.

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols and CB4

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
Greg McElroy and Rece Davis. I get being non-biased in their roles but they never ever defend or stand up for Bama in any way that I've heard. Compare them to the LSU guys someone referenced above and it is night and day. It wouldn't hurt to occasionally let everyone know where you're from and that you're proud of it. And McElroy has a certain smugness to him that I do not enjoy. On the flip side, I have heard Barrett Jones on a few radio telecasts and I think he does a great job as a color analyst!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.