Movie Trailer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
saw this monday night and it is so far my favorite movie of the year. No question McDormand and Rockwell get Oscar nominations as both should (and google the Red Band Trailer for a real feel of this movie)

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I'm planning on seeing "Three Billboards..." on Monday or Tuesday night. Those are my movie nights since the theaters are mostly empty! I see about 2 movies a week thanks to MoviePass, makes me feel like I'm in film school again. Also think of seeing "Lady Bird" next week. "Three Billboards..." looks great, can't wait.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'm planning on seeing "Three Billboards..." on Monday or Tuesday night. Those are my movie nights since the theaters are mostly empty! I see about 2 movies a week thanks to MoviePass, makes me feel like I'm in film school again. Also think of seeing "Lady Bird" next week. "Three Billboards..." looks great, can't wait.
lady bird in next on my list. I haven't pushed the button on moviepass as it is being rumored that AMC is going to stop working with them somehow after the first of the year. AMC owns most of the better screens near me

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That reminds me...when I was in college (this was many moons ago :)) I 'elected' to take 2 English courses for elective/credits. One was Sci-Fi literature and the other was film-related.

I'll have to dig out my old notebooks and read up on some of that stuff the professor said....

I do remember the impact reading "The Sirens of Titan" had on me at the time....and really still does....

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
lady bird in next on my list. I haven't pushed the button on moviepass as it is being rumored that AMC is going to stop working with them somehow after the first of the year. AMC owns most of the better screens near me
AMC can’t stop MoviePass unless they stop accepting all MasterCards. The card you get is just a MasterCard debt card that MP loads the money onto when you checkin at the theater. AMC’s agreement with MasterCard requires them to accept all MasterCard branded cards. They would breach that contract if they refuse MP. Plus, the CEO of MP has said that if the refuse MP cards that he’ll just reissue cards without the MP logo on them.

I don’t understand why AMC hates MP, the theaters get paid the full price for the ticket so, they aren’t losing money. In a year where AMC has seen a constant decline in attendance, MP may actually help them some. Anyway, AMC is one of the 2 theaters I use MP at and I haven’t had an problem so far. Still get my stubs points as well. If you go to a ticket kiosk they don’t even know MP was used.

Give it a shot, it’s worth it IMO. I went from seeing maybe 6-7 movies a year because of the price of tickets, to seeing 2 a week with MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.