Movie Trailer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
So... just curious if anyone here has ever been to a 9:20 in the morning movie. I didn’t know they played them that early, and I’m thinking about going to see The Commuter in the morning. More important has anyone eaten popcorn at 9:20 in the morning? :eek:
We go to early movies all the time. Have a theater here that runs quite a few 10:00AM showings. Many times we end up with the theaters to ourselves (or with just 3-4 other people) and often the popcorn is the freshest it'll be all day.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
We go to early movies all the time. Have a theater here that runs quite a few 10:00AM showings. Many times we end up with the theaters to ourselves (or with just 3-4 other people) and often the popcorn is the freshest it'll be all day.
We used to Sunday Mornings often. There is a Big theater not far from me that rented one of their screens to a local church for services on Sunday mornings and since they were there and had to be staffed they'd fire up movies on the other screens. We called it the Heathen Matinee. Was a great way to catch the big new releases as it was typically just us or a handful of people. Haven't done it in a while since we now have so many reserved seating theaters that makes it easy to get a good seat with a little bit of pre-planing

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
We used to Sunday Mornings often. There is a Big theater not far from me that rented one of their screens to a local church for services on Sunday mornings and since they were there and had to be staffed they'd fire up movies on the other screens. We called it the Heathen Matinee. Was a great way to catch the big new releases as it was typically just us or a handful of people. Haven't done it in a while since we now have so many reserved seating theaters that makes it easy to get a good seat with a little bit of pre-planing
Sunday morning we're seeing the Post. Sunday mornings are one of our most common movie times.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Had about 5-6 people in there watching. And I enjoyed the movie. I’m not a movie buff so I think just about any movie is good. I don’t have high expectations when I go, but I love Liam Neeson so I try to catch all his thriller/action movies he does. And it was only $5. Can’t beat that.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Saw this one tonight - absolutely hilarious with an extremely clever script! It's from back in 2006 but I had never seen it before. I just ordered the DVD....:wink:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Saw the Post yesterday. A bit of a slow start but ultimately a really good movie. It essentially leads right up to All the President's Men so you could watch both back to back. It leads up to it in such a way that they may be going to basically re-do All the President's Men.

Saw a couple of new trailers before the movie. A new Red Sparrow trailer that shows a lot more and Winchester - haunted house movie.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Saw the Post yesterday. A bit of a slow start but ultimately a really good movie. It essentially leads right up to All the President's Men so you could watch both back to back. It leads up to it in such a way that they may be going to basically re-do All the President's Men.

Saw a couple of new trailers before the movie. A new Red Sparrow trailer that shows a lot more and Winchester - haunted house movie.

Red Sparrow looks interesting.

Pretty sure we are going to go see The Post today at some point. This will be the 7th movie on my movie pass in less than a month. At Atlanta prices it means I've paid for the MoviePass already since I bought it for $89 for the year at Costco. Can't believe the deal

I am looking forward to the movie but I would not watch a redo of All the Presidents Men that movie is a masterpiece that does not need to be remade and it already has an incredibly good and funny re-telling in Dick! from 1999

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Watched "The Martian" last night on FX. Thought is was great! Especially the ending. Ridley Scott sure knows how to direct a movie...especially sci-fi!

The fact that the title character was a botanist resonated with me and my horticulture background too.

Sometimes I feel like I'm on my own planet here at my place with my plantings as my sustenance!

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Watched "The Martian" last night on FX. Thought is was great! Especially the ending. Ridley Scott sure knows how to direct a movie...especially sci-fi!

The fact that the title character was a botanist resonated with me and my horticulture background too.

Sometimes I feel like I'm on my own planet here at my place with my plantings as my sustenance!
Martian is up there on my list of favorite sci-fi.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

finally saw the post and I am a bit let down

Too high expectations I suppose but it to me isn't within a mile of All the Presidents Men

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
finally saw the post and I am a bit let down

Too high expectations I suppose but it to me isn't within a mile of All the Presidents Men
I wasn't intending to compare it as an equal to All the President's Men just that the stories essentially linked up.

I do my best to go into most movies with very few expectations. I don't always manage it but it helps the enjoyment level a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.