MSU's Judge gets "judged" by the SEC, Coach Croom

TiderinMiss

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2000
Clinton, MS
The Clarion-Liar

Mississippi State holder Joe Judge was ejected from Saturday's 30-14 loss to Alabama game.

His penalty did not end there.

While standing on the sidelines, Judge, a senior, pushed Alabama defensive tackle Jeremy Clark over a bench when Clark attempted to punch MSU tackle David Stewart.

The play, which occurred in the third quarter, also resulted in Judge being suspended by the SEC for the first half of the Nov. 20 MSU-Arkansas game.

Mississippi State coach Sylvester Croom will suspend Judge for the second half.

"It was a critical error on his part," Croom said. "They were absolutely right and Joe Judge will be suspended for the first half by the SEC. I will suspend him for the second half."

Of course, the writer fails to realize Clark swung at the MSU player because he was riding him well out of bounds and the ref didn't throw a flag.

TideTiger2005

1st Team
Jul 16, 2004
He has now set a precedent. We'll have to wait and see if he would punish a big-time starter like Omar Connor or Jerious Norwood in the same way he punished this kid.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've been glancing...

at the MSU boards for the reaction - none so far. There were a lot of threads defending Judge, saying that it was all just an accident as he was trying to separate Clark and the other MSU players. Apparently, the SEC didn't see it that way...

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I've watched the play several times and I didn't see a swing by Clark. Clark was voicing some displeasure toward the player that pushed him out and then the waterboy shoved him back over the bench.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
TideTiger2005 said:
He has now set a precedent. We'll have to wait and see if he would punish a big-time starter like Omar Connor or Jerious Norwood in the same way he punished this kid.
I expect Croom to be "even-handed" in his discipline. As for Clark, I didn't see him "attempt to punch" anybody.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't have Tivo...

so I haven't looked at it over and over, but, from the actual incident and the reshowing by ESPN, it looked to me like Clark made sort of a sweeping, brushing motion, like "Get your fat a$$ off me." Maybe somebody can chime in who has watched it over...

NashvilleTider

1st Team
Dec 30, 2002
Nashville, TN
HSV

I watched it and they didn't catch the play at all. They just started talking about a "melee" on the other side of the field. The announcer stated that it was a bogus call on Clark and that he didn't do anything. But they didn't replay it at all because their camera didn't catch it.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
the point is if his dumb butt doesn't push our guy its not offsetting penalties and bama gets put back. If your stupid you hurt your team, if you hurt your team you don't need to play, Crooms doing the right thing, the details of how HARD he pushed our guy is irrelevant. Its hard enough for MSU to beat Alabama streight up, Its impossible when your stupid. Crooms still got alot of teaching to do.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.