Muschamp Landing Spots

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Who thinks if our defense continues struggling as compared to the usual standard we have set that Muschamp comes on board as possible dc or defensive assistant. What about coming on board period in any capacity? I personally think Saban reached out to him for some type of offer to join the staff in some capacity.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Who thinks if our defense continues struggling as compared to the usual standard we have set that Muschamp comes on board as possible dc or defensive assistant. What about coming on board period in any capacity? I personally think Saban reached out to him for some type of offer to join the staff in some capacity.
I’d give Strong the nod first

Reactions: Rolltide51

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Will is an interesting case. I suspect he will land an analyst job somewhere and recoup. Maybe they try him in the broadcast booth a bit. But I do not expect him heading or coordinating anything in the short term. He was thrown to the wolves in his first head coaching job then landed at a career killer situation with the cocks. He needs a rehab out of the spotlight for a term and maybe he resurfaces at a Colorado State or something. Don't think he gets a bigtime HC job again for some time to come if ever.

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
IMHO...his value as a head coach is gone. He has not proven himself to be a leader or builder of programs. If he were only at South Carolina he might have another shot at a major program, but add Florida into the mix....

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
I'm not even certain his style of defense works now. Is there really any stopping the modern, high-powered offense? If the goal now is simply to slow them down enough so that we can outscore them then I think we are doing a good job at that.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I realize that we’ve sort of become a “coaching rehab center” where guys come to be an analysts and learn from the GOAT but Will’s comments in the past regarding time spent working for Saban lead me to believe that he will not be coming to Tuscaloosa.
Not only that, but his defense is outdated. Pruitt, Smart and Muschamp are struggling to adjust on Defensive side. I really don't think Will has lot to offer for us here in T-town. he just need to take a break from coaching and just work on few things... (Leadership, ability to adapt when time calls for it.)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Most likely landing spot for Muschamp? I’m thinking probably the coronary care unit of a hospital from an MI before age 55 if doesn’t get his anger issues under control.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I realize that we’ve sort of become a “coaching rehab center” where guys come to be an analysts and learn from the GOAT but Will’s comments in the past regarding time spent working for Saban lead me to believe that he will not be coming to Tuscaloosa.
IIRC, the Saban/Muschamp relationship soured some time ago. I would prefer he not show up in Tuscaloosa in any capacity.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
IIRC, the Saban/Muschamp relationship soured some time ago. I would prefer he not show up in Tuscaloosa in any capacity.
Muschamp and Lance Thompson both have a habit “slapping faces” and “burning bridges” on their way out the door. They did the same thing when they left Auburn to go to USCe.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.