Muschamp Landing Spots

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Muschamp has a history of burning bridges. I’d be surprised if he’s a resident at the Saban Program for Rehabilitation of Fallen Coaches.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'll go out on a limb and predict he ends up with Joey Freshwater at the Oxford Campus of Higher Education for Sharks and Bears.
I would say no. Kiffin doesn’t want to get ten billion penalties because his DC is riding a ref, and doesn’t want a guy chewing back at him. Granted I think Mushchamp is better as a person and as a coach than Durkin but I really doubt kiffin wants to endure what Gus did in 2015 during the Iron Bowl. If I would have to guess, muschamp would probably be back at LSU or UGA as a DC or a small HC gig.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Kiffin and Muschamp the clash of massive egos, Muschamp to Ole Miss ain't happening unless, LSU dumps Orgeron then hires Kiffin. At that point Ole Miss might take a chance on Muschamp.

Reactions: CB4

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Kiffin and Muschamp the clash of massive egos, Muschamp to Ole Miss ain't happening unless, LSU dumps Orgeron then hires Kiffin. At that point Ole Miss might take a chance on Muschamp.
Are you talking about this year or down the line? As bad as LSU is I seriously doubt they can gutter mouth a year after winning a national championship.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Not only that, but his defense is outdated. Pruitt, Smart and Muschamp are struggling to adjust on Defensive side. I really don't think Will has lot to offer for us here in T-town. he just need to take a break from coaching and just work on few things... (Leadership, ability to adapt when time calls for it.)
Pruitt doesn't have the athletes yet but as far as stopping these RPO offenses he's the best we've had. Kirby had no clue how defend it and still doesn't. Watch FSU vs the barn BCS title game. Pruitt had gus moozuahn's number.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Pruitt doesn't have the athletes yet but as far as stopping these RPO offenses he's the best we've had. Kirby had no clue how defend it and still doesn't. Watch FSU vs the barn BCS title game. Pruitt had gus moozuahn's number.
False. He has been at UT for 2 years. Landed Top 10 classes last year and then this year.. He has the players he need to be successful on Defense. I still say Pruitt/Smart/Muschamp has outdated defense. Their defense is made for physical football. We no longer have that.

Out of three, I thikn Pruitt or Smart will evolve their defense to next level... question is when and how.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
False. He has been at UT for 2 years. Landed Top 10 classes last year and then this year.. He has the players he need to be successful on Defense. I still say Pruitt/Smart/Muschamp has outdated defense. Their defense is made for physical football. We no longer have that.

Out of three, I thikn Pruitt or Smart will evolve their defense to next level... question is when and how.
1) Pruitt regardless of a few good recruiting classes is still 5 years from doing anything at Tennessee under the most optimistic forecasts. Tennessee is a dead program and the turmoil in the AD has made it 10 times worse of a problem than it was already. Pruitt still doesn’t have the athletes to field a quality team.

2) What in the last 9 years have you seen that would suggest Kirby is going to evolve his defense? Nick Marshall would still be scoring on him if he had eligibility . But what really just highlights how stubborn he is is the quarterback situation. He has ran off three good to great quarterbacks and played two Mickey Mouse quarterbacks that wouldn’t be starters at South Alabama. The dude is so desperate to prove that the 2009 Alabama’s of the world can still win championships.

3) Mushchamp is done at big time programs as a HC. It wouldn’t matter if he changes his defense of finds a miracle cure for the RPO and fastball offenses. The only way he is on a P5 team is if it is a lower prestige school or if he is DC.

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
Is there a better place than DeKalb, County, Alabama?
Easy on DeKalb now. I've got family there and Jackson county...lol Not where I live and not where I'd retire but there's some good places I'd spend time if I was loaded. It's good to have a spot back in the hills that's away from everything...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Are you talking about this year or down the line? As bad as LSU is I seriously doubt they can gutter mouth a year after winning a national championship.
If the legal problems facing LSU, with regard to its athletic department's handling of student athletes being accused of rape, physical abuse, then the admin's coverup, LSU may not have a choice but to dismiss Orgeron. I do not know if Kiffin would be one and done at Ole Miss if LSU does fire Orgeron, but I do know this, Kiffin is looking for a major SEC HC job and is not going to be satisfied with Ole Miss. With a better selection of potential assistant coaches and certainly better talent than he can recruit to Ole Miss, Kiffin would make LSU an SEC West contender nearly every year.

Reactions: deliveryman35

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
If the legal problems facing LSU, with regard to its athletic department's handling of student athletes being accused of rape, physical abuse, then the admin's coverup, LSU may not have a choice but to dismiss Orgeron. I do not know if Kiffin would be one and done at Ole Miss if LSU does fire Orgeron, but I do know this, Kiffin is looking for a major SEC HC job and is not going to be satisfied with Ole Miss. With a better selection of potential assistant coaches and certainly better talent than he can recruit to Ole Miss, Kiffin would make LSU an SEC West contender nearly every year.
From my memory of the last 20 years, LSU is an SEC West contender every year...no matter who the coach. This year is an anomaly.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Did you not see their reaction to the FBI tapes of their basketball coach paying players? He wasn’t fired. I mean, come on, what’s a few bruises on some chicks when it comes to championship football?*

*extreme sarcasm, more than blue font can convey

Reactions: seebell and B1GTide

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Easy on DeKalb now. I've got family there and Jackson county...lol Not where I live and not where I'd retire but there's some good places I'd spend time if I was loaded. It's good to have a spot back in the hills that's away from everything...
Amen to that! Beautiful area of the country and full of Karst for those that enjoy repelling and cave exploration.

Reactions: Bhammer

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.