TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This is about a good a place as any.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
This takes away the ambiguity. He would allow someone who used the platform to foment insurrection as part of a broader coup attempt to return to the platform. He bears no sense of responsibility to the public.

Reactions: 92tide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This takes away the ambiguity. He would allow someone who used the platform to foment insurrection as part of a broader coup attempt to return to the platform. He bears no sense of responsibility to the public.

He's a billionaire dilettante. He's shown over and over that he has no sense of responsibility to the public...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

bots=bad

spam=bad

attempted coup and fomenting political violence= A-OK!

His moral compass is a bit off.

Musk is foolish. Stupid, actually. Possibly evil in this respect. His voice is greatly diminished since his twitter ban in spite of what moron Musk says.

He may be smart in some areas, gotten rich, and made some major accomplishments. He may have even done some good in the world at times.

That does not make up for that mind-numbing display of stupidity.

Reactions: Bamaro

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
His voice is greatly diminished since his twitter ban in spite of what moron Musk says.
Indeed, but that's really his point. You can suspend people for doing things, and obviously illegal activity falls under that, as previously noted, but you will never be able to change people's minds if they leave the platform.

I get it, almost nothing will change most MAGA minds - I completely agree. But you won't change any of them of you drive them off platform. And without a 'common square', communication stops completely and the divide only grows.

No need to reply, I 100% understand your point, I just think that keeping lines of communication open are important. If we aren't talking - even to those who would threaten us - we've no chance of changing any of their minds.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Indeed, but that's really his point. You can suspend people for doing things, and obviously illegal activity falls under that, as previously noted, but you will never be able to change people's minds if they leave the platform.

I get it, almost nothing will change most MAGA minds - I completely agree. But you won't change any of them of you drive them off platform. And without a 'common square', communication stops completely and the divide only grows.

No need to reply, I 100% understand your point, I just think that keeping lines of communication open are important. If we aren't talking - even to those who would threaten us - we've no chance of changing any of their minds.
If there's no changing their minds then what's the point of allowing them to indoctrinate others and organize to foment violence on your platform?

I have the answer and it's easy:

Money. The jackass just wants more frickin' money.

That's not a noble stance. It's self-serving at the expense of the nation and its people.

One-way "conversations" full of vitriol, hate, and disinformation are not what I would consider "communication" - at least not in a mutual or productive way.

So when it comes down to it Musk is either stupid, greedy, or both.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If there's no changing their minds then what's the point of allowing them to indoctrinate others and organize to foment violence on your platform?

I have the answer and it's easy:

Money. The jackass just wants more frickin' money.

That's not a noble stance. It's self-serving at the expense of the nation and its people.

One-way "conversations" full of vitriol, hate, and disinformation are not what I would consider "communication" - at least not in a mutual or productive way.

So when it comes down to it Musk is either stupid, greedy, or both.
"Almost nothing" and "most" are meaningful modifiers.

I get that you've made your mind up and are unwilling to contemplate that maybe there's a better way, that's fine. We just A2D, I suppose.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
i understand what they are saying and agree with it on some level.

but i think there is a difference in cutting off someone from being able to communicate at all, or without great difficulty vs not providing a free megaphone for a violent, lying sociopath's propoganda
And Musk mentioned that in the interview above - removing posts and a time-out / suspensions would be a far better move as it allows the lines of communication to remain open while stopping the dangerous rhetoric before it builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.