Musk acquiring Twitter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It is not free speech suppression when a private company moderates its content. You want to peddle your crap then create your own platform, like the idiots did with Truth Social. Plus, I don't give a rats crap about the suppression of misinformation and lies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It is not free speech suppression when a private company moderates its content. You want to peddle your crap then create your own platform, like the idiots did with Truth Social. Plus, I don't give a rats crap about the suppression of misinformation and lies.
One day I'll tell the truth about suppression of free speech around here. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It is not free speech suppression when a private company moderates its content.
Of course it is, it's simple not protected as it's a not a government entity. That doesn't change the definition of what's happening.

I've ZERO issue with a private business suppressing free speech (content moderation) on its own platform - even if it's unfair in some way or another. Heck, we suppress free speech here on TF.com. But this was supposedly the impetus of Musk buying Twitter, so I'm interested to see what (if anything) is revealed.

Reactions: CrimsonJazz

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Of course it is, it's simple not protected as it's a not a government entity. That doesn't change the definition of what's happening.

I've ZERO issue with a private business suppressing free speech (content moderation) on its own platform - even if it's unfair in some way or another. Heck, we suppress free speech here on TF.com. But this was supposedly the impetus of Musk buying Twitter, so I'm interested to see what (if anything) is revealed.
I agree and I'll at least look at what he has to offer. His mouth (or tweets in this case) have written a lot of checks his butt better be able to cash. I don't have a problem with the previous regime silencing dissent as long as they weren't doing so at the behest of the U.S. government; that I have a BIG problem with.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Well yes, I agree. I was responding to his tweet about "free speech suppression" on twitter. I argue that there is no free speech on Twitter because the 1st amendment doesn't protect that and Twitter has the right to moderate however it wants, like TF.

I agree and I'll at least look at what he has to offer. His mouth (or tweets in this case) have written a lot of checks his butt better be able to cash. I don't have a problem with the previous regime silencing dissent as long as they weren't doing so at the behest of the U.S. government; that I have a BIG problem with.
This would turn it into a 1st amendment issue.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Well yes, I agree. I was responding to his tweet about "free speech suppression" on twitter. I argue that there is no free speech on Twitter because the 1st amendment doesn't protect that and Twitter has the right to moderate however it wants, like TF.

This would turn it into a 1st amendment issue.
This would definitely depend on the context/source, and could be an exciting legal drama if the US was combating agitprop/misinformation coming from overseas bad actors through Twitter. We know the three letter acronym agencies work on these kinds of things all of the time.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

This guy.....I can only imagine what type of howling lunacy is going on inside his head. Props to Musk for doing this.
So Musk solved a problem he himself created? Such a brilliant guy and defender of "free speech".

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama and 92tide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.