My apologies to this board

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
and to B1GTide and National Titles18 in particular for my role in the argument a few days ago. We can disagree without being disagreeable, and there is no reason for turning the discussion personal. Upon reflection, I likely let the stress of dealing with my Mom's issues carry over in the NS discussion, which is definitely not a good idea. So, I own it. Please accept my apologies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
and to B1GTide and National Titles18 in particular for my role in the argument a few days ago. We can disagree without being disagreeable, and there is no reason for turning the discussion personal. Upon reflection, I likely let the stress of dealing with my Mom's issues carry over in the NS discussion, which is definitely not a good idea. So, I own it. Please accept my apologies.
We are all under additional stress. Sorry you are having a rough time and hope it gets better soon.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Understandable. I have deleted a few posts after writing them over the past year. I hope things get better for you. I hope things get better for everyone that is going through this nightmare.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Apology accepted, and apologies offered in kind for my responses which also crossed the line. I understand stress too well, and how it can cloud our judgement as it has mine too many times over the last year or so.

🍻

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is how disputes of any kind, not in any way limited to sports or TF or anything else, should be resolved.

Upon reflection, one side feels he crossed the line of civility. He recognizes it, owns it, and offers sincere apologies. The offended party accepts the apology. All go forth, just a bit chastened, understanding that, if not for good fortune, either could have been on the other side.

The whole world should operate this way. Especially now.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
This is how disputes of any kind, not in any way limited to sports or TF or anything else, should be resolved.

Upon reflection, one side feels he crossed the line of civility. He recognizes it, owns it, and offers sincere apologies. The offended party accepts the apology. All go forth, just a bit chastened, understanding that, if not for good fortune, either could have been on the other side.

The whole world should operate this way. Especially now.
So what you're suggesting is the members of TIDEFANS NS board should join forces, create our own political party, knowing the differences in world views that exist, and be forced to "work it out" , giving and taking as we go?

I think I'll pass, I'm already married and go through this on a daily basis, with five kids to boot.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I once was the strongest partisan possible...just knew that God saw life through my lens. Age and growth have taken care of all that...I try to see politics from a more subjective place...and have especially come to see that it is all about money and power. I still have some strong feelings about certain issues, but I try not to express them in public or especially in writing. I even ignore the 3 Trumpers with whom I play golf so that they've finally given up!!! Life is much easier and happier living in my bubble...and one day it will all pass and there will be another "crisis" to face. Now, when it comes to AU or UT in athletics, I am a different animal...LOL.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I once was the strongest partisan possible...just knew that God saw life through my lens. Age and growth have taken care of all that...I try to see politics from a more subjective place...and have especially come to see that it is all about money and power. I still have some strong feelings about certain issues, but I try not to express them in public or especially in writing. I even ignore the 3 Trumpers with whom I play golf so that they've finally given up!!! Life is much easier and happier living in my bubble...and one day it will all pass and there will be another "crisis" to face. Now, when it comes to AU or UT in athletics, I am a different animal...LOL.
A good friend of mine who has forgotten more about world history than I know, once told me if politics/government could solve all the problems of life that we thought it could. We wouldn't still be dealing with some of the problems we are today. Yet here we are, umpteen years later, dealing with much of the same "people problems" that's been dealt with throughout history.

One thing I personally have learned (the hard way unfortunately), is with all the debating, arguing and discussing politics with people, the only thing I've changed in this world is my relationship with them (and not in a good way). Nothing else changed...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Wait, I missed it. Can you repeat all the bad stuff?
Sorry to hear about your mother, seriously.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bodhisattva

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
One thing I personally have learned (the hard way unfortunately), is with all the debating, arguing and discussing politics with people, the only thing I've changed in this world is my relationship with them (and not in a good way). Nothing else changed...
This is why I don't really talk politics with friends or family. At some point I will stop talking about it here again. Events of the last 18 months led me to participate here, but I generally hate the way it can change my thinking about people.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
This is why I don't really talk politics with friends or family. At some point I will stop talking about it here again. Events of the last 18 months led me to participate here, but I generally hate they way it can change my thinking about people.
Couldn't agree more! I look back and there are some people I stopped hanging out with and wished we would have just kept it to fishing, hunting, golf, football, bbq and beer. There were somethings I didn't need to know and me knowing didn't change one dang thing, except our relationship.

Reactions: Go Bama and B1GTide

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Thank you for the apology, no worries. This is what I dont understand from our very conservative friends.

I was reminded recently that Jesus is the only person who will be successful in establishing a Christian government, kingdom, with his second coming. All prior attempts to do so will fail. As Christians we are not called to establish a theocracy. Many of those desiring to do so will fall prey to the Antichrist.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.