My sons storm damage from the Nashville area.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

This footage is from my son and daughter in laws home in Mt. Juliet, TN. just east of Nashville last Sunday morning. They have a tough row to hoe ahead. Insurance has decided not to pay so we are hoping the Wilson county EMA declares a disaster so they can recover some of the many thousands of dollars in damage. I would appreciate you keeping them in your thoughts and prayers.

My oldest son and myself will leave early in the morning to head down to help in any way we can. It has been a long week for our family on several fronts.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The couple recently moved here after their previous home was damaged by flooding in 2019, a small tornado, then was hit by a tree following the March 2020 tornado.
"We cannot out move the storms" she said with a smile.

She's a trooper to keep her sense of humour! Much respect!

Sorry to hear of this, Mike and sounds like your son and his family have a very good support system in place.

Added to my prayer list.......my very best wishes going forward...... 👍

Reactions: Toddrn

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just so people know, insurance DID NOT cover anything. :mad:
I am sorry to hear that. Did FEMA give them some financial relief?

We had some major flood damage in our finished basement a while back and FEMA helped some (maybe $5k). My insurance adjuster gave us $10k though it was pretty clear that they did not have to do so. I ended up doing all the work myself - pulled everything to the studs and rebuilt better than it was before. The $15k didn't even cover the materials, but we were thankful to get it. Honestly, it was found money as the insurance adjuster could have denied the claim altogether and the money from FEMA was never expected because the basement space effected was not a "living space".

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I am sorry to hear that. Did FEMA give them some financial relief?

We had some major flood damage in our finished basement a while back and FEMA helped some (maybe $5k). My insurance adjuster gave us $10k though it was pretty clear that they did not have to do so. I ended up doing all the work myself - pulled everything to the studs and rebuilt better than it was before. The $15k didn't even cover the materials, but we were thankful to get it. Honestly, it was found money as the insurance adjuster could have denied the claim altogether and the money from FEMA was never expected because the basement space effected was not a "living space".
They are still waiting to hear on FEMA relief. Wilson county has to have 25 homes damages within a certain radius to be able to receive those funds. Hopefully soon.

Reactions: B1GTide

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Have they thought about doing a gofundme or are they in church anywhere? Our church has a benevolence fund for assistance with things like this. Helps to have the building paid for.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Have they thought about doing a gofundme or are they in church anywhere? Our church has a benevolence fund for assistance with things like this. Helps to have the building paid for.
They really do not want to do a "Go Fund Me" account. Yes, their life group (Sunday School class) came over to help them remove carpet, furniture, cabinets, etc... from the damage. Our oldest son, Timothy and I drove down a week ago Friday and and stayed over Easter weekend getting some flooring up, sheet rocking, mudding, work on a new Toro Zero turn mower, etc... We got a lot done but just did not have the time to do help with everything that needed to be done. Some people have sent money to help but the damage is over $15,000.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.