My wife and I

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Currently sitting in UAB after triple bypass. Diabetes and family history did a number on me.
Yes there are several graduates of that course of treatment on here always attempting to avoid a refresher course of the same. I agree with what was written earlier. After the third day you begin to feel that you might make it but that first walk is an absolute mother. Best wishes to you and your family!

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Yes there are several graduates of that course of treatment on here always attempting to avoid a refresher course of the same. I agree with what was written earlier. After the third day you begin to feel that you might make it but that first walk is an absolute mother. Best wishes to you and your family!
I walked the length of the CICU yesterday. I avoided blood transfusion and heart machine. A tube may come out today as well. I plan to get up and show off these shaved legs some more after a good nap.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
A word of experience -- after going through at least a hundred of these as a pastor. A few months down the road you could/probably will experience some depression. Nothing abnormal...seems to be a reaction to the experience of open heart surgery and all that involves. I've discussed with several cardiovascular surgeons and no one has a definitive answer. Be aware, don't be alarmed...work your plan and engage your faith. It will only beat you if you ignore and/or deny it. When you name the monster in the room, you take the necessary first step to overcoming it. All the best...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
True hero story: my procedure was delayed over two hours (freaked my wife out) because the surgeon LITERALLY saved a man’s life who fell out in the emergency room complaining of chest pains. He woke up in the CICU next to me wondering where he was and what was going on!

Surgeons have next level courage and commitment, along with their staff.

The average CABG procedure is around three hours now. Amazing.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Just saw this Alexander Fan, sorry to hear that you required surgery, but glad to hear you have come through safely and on the road to recovery. I will add you to the list of other Tidefans I keep in my prayers. Take care.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.