Link: My worries coming true...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Actually, that's a good move for Wilson. He needs another year in JUCO.... He's too raw. Few have speculated that he still can sign with Alabama next year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Actually, that's a good move for Wilson. He needs another year in JUCO.... He's too raw. Few have speculated that he still can sign with Alabama next year.
I know and agree. However, it's just the first shoe to drop. I'm afraid we may have signed more talent than we can keep happy. I'll repeat - "The Calipari Problem"...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Well good thing I didn't do my impact player update lol

geesh theres a plan in all of it of course but I was really looking forward to him being here. The challenge is Gurley is almost a splitting image of Wilson. Gurley looks to be a better shooter but Wilson is definitely the most athletic of the two and its saying a lot.

I was thinking that Gurley would actually be gone after this season, which would give Wilson at least 2 more years to play. Plus I think he personally had a better chance at being a part of the rotation than a lot of the front court players because what he brings on both sides of the ball. Can't say I'm not bummed out about this but it is what it is. I got a feeling that this was probably more of his call than the staff ... but I've been wrong about stuff before. Much success to him in whatever he decides.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I know and agree. However, it's just the first shoe to drop. I'm afraid we may have signed more talent than we can keep happy. I'll repeat - "The Calipari Problem"...
Not sure if that will be an issue... maybe after this season, yes but for now... not sure about that. Wilson didn't play HS basketball and he would've redshirted this fall and it would've taken him maybe 2 years to finally caught up. I think Wilson will be fine.. no matter where he goes.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well good thing I didn't do my impact player update lol

geesh theres a plan in all of it of course but I was really looking forward to him being here. The challenge is Gurley is almost a splitting image of Wilson. Gurley looks to be a better shooter but Wilson is definitely the most athletic of the two and its saying a lot.

I was thinking that Gurley would actually be gone after this season, which would give Wilson at least 2 more years to play. Plus I think he personally had a better chance at being a part of the rotation than a lot of the front court players because what he brings on both sides of the ball. Can't say I'm not bummed out about this but it is what it is. I got a feeling that this was probably more of his call than the staff ... but I've been wrong about stuff before. Much success to him in whatever he decides.
You do know now that Gurley has two?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I remember a game from a few years ago. Kentucky vs LSU. I do believe Calipari was the coach. The Wildcats were destroying LSU by at least 30 points. Calipari left his starters in the game until about a minute left and then put his subs in. If I were a sub on the Kentucky team I would have been highly irritated.
I think Coach Oats did the best job he could of giving his players playing time.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I remember a game from a few years ago. Kentucky vs LSU. I do believe Calipari was the coach. The Wildcats were destroying LSU by at least 30 points. Calipari left his starters in the game until about a minute left and then put his subs in. If I were a sub on the Kentucky team I would have been highly irritated.
I think Coach Oats did the best job he could of giving his players playing time.
He really does for various reasons and guys get quality minutes because of it.Thats why I was a lil surprised about the note on Wilson today. I was looking for he and Gurley to be the one-two punch at the 4 spot and he would have gotten quality minutes. So from what I'm understanding from his twitter post, he's looking to see what other options are out there and may come back this year OR is looking for another and may come back in the future. Again whatever his choice, much success to him.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
He really does for various reasons and guys get quality minutes because of it.Thats why I was a lil surprised about the note on Wilson today. I was looking for he and Gurley to be the one-two punch at the 4 spot and he would have gotten quality minutes. So from what I'm understanding from his twitter post, he's looking to see what other options are out there and may come back this year OR is looking for another and may come back in the future. Again whatever his choice, much success to him.
Langston was really going to be a 5 in our offense. He was going to be mostly in the dunkers spot on the dribble drive, and he used in PNR, and be a rim runner. He is a freak athlete, but his offensive game needs to be developed. One thing to consider is that he wasn’t a starter on his JUCO team.

I had heard rumblings a week ago that this could be a possibility. Especially after I found out that Gurley was likely coming. I hate it for Langston, but that’s life. I wish we could just stash him at Shelton St for a year lol.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Langston was really going to be a 5 in our offense. He was going to be mostly in the dunkers spot on the dribble drive, and he used in PNR, and be a rim runner. He is a freak athlete, but his offensive game needs to be developed. One thing to consider is that he wasn’t a starter on his JUCO team.

I had heard rumblings a week ago that this could be a possibility. Especially after I found out that Gurley was likely coming. I hate it for Langston, but that’s life. I wish we could just stash him at Shelton St for a year lol.
Not only that, he's 21 years old....Little late to be raw.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I didn't know that...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It sounds like our meteoric rise this season, which started to attract more elite talent, directly impacted Langston's place on the pecking order of talent. I think it's a sign of how we'll eventually be able to be more and more selective on who we offer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.