Najee Harris Draft Position

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He is in a system that realizes his strengths and limitations, I don’t know if Derrick would work in every system. He doesn’t have the suddenness of a smaller back, so the power zone scheme the Titans use is perfect for him. he lines up a little deeper in the backfield , can see the blocks well and it Gives him good slanting running lanes designed to get him to the sidelines . You know what happens when he gets there. View attachment 5563
The thing that has improved the most is his vision. He sees and takes his cut back lanes much better than he did in college. He’s no longer just a downhill running back. He’s also learned to read his blocks and set up blocks. He can fit through gaps like a much smaller back. He is also fairly dangerous out of the backfield as a receiver when they use him this way. In the open field like that, no LB or DB stands a chance of tackling him one on one nor catching him from behind. He‘s really developed into a complete player in the NFL. It is more than just a system which the Titans run. I also dont think it’s a coincidence his success this year came when they replaced Mariotta. It’s forced teams to deal with a down the field passing threat even with an average QB like Tanneyhill. No, his numbers Saturday were not great but he’s been pretty efficient down the stretch.

Sorry, I know this is a Najee thread. Didn’t mean to highjack it. He is a great player and I’m glad to have not only his skill set but his experience and leadership back for next year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The thing that has improved the most is his vision. He sees and takes his cut back lanes much better than he did in college. He’s no longer just a downhill running back. He’s also learned to read his blocks and set up blocks. He can fit through gaps like a much smaller back. He is also fairly dangerous out of the backfield as a receiver when they use him this way. In the open field like that, no LB or DB stands a chance of tackling him one on one nor catching him from behind. He‘s really developed into a complete player in the NFL. It is more than just a system which the Titans run. I also dont think it’s a coincidence his success this year came when they replaced Mariotta. It’s forced teams to deal with a down the field passing threat even with an average QB like Tanneyhill. No, his numbers Saturday were not great but he’s been pretty efficient down the stretch.

Sorry, I know this is a Najee thread. Didn’t mean to highjack it. He is a great player and I’m glad to have not only his skill set but his experience and leadership back for next year.
Well this was a draft thread for Najee, which it appears is not happening. Another Najee thread has been started, so we'll just close this one for the time being...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.