Question: Name 3-5 Foods You Hate

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
we had an unfortunate year at a trade show a few years back where our booth was caddy-corner to a durian fruit grower. it was a god awful smell.
It is the smell of death. Several hotels in SE Asia won’t allow you to bring it in the room if you purchase one because if you get it in carpet they cannot get the smell out

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I remember hearing about the durian fruit from the Bizarre Foods guy. I also thought that it cannot be that bad since people eat it. Then a Korean friend of mine had me just smell it. I wished I was born without a nose.
I’ve eaten it a time or two. What they don’t warn you about is the “durian burps.” One time ate a few hours before my flight home. Then, came the burps. I felt sorry for the poor guy who sat by me on the plane.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
1. Butterbeans
2. Turnip greens
3. Peas
4. Salmon
5. Tuna

On the squirrel eatin...I had a great-grandfather that about came to blows with a son-in-law for trying to discard a squirrel head. They’d cook em whole in a pot of dumplings. He wanted the brains. Said it was the best part. Would take the back of a spoon and whack the head to open it up and scrape em out and eat em.

Had a grandfather that would eat scrambled eggs and hog brains with ketchup.
Not many worse ideas than squirrel brains. They tend to get raccoon round worms, which enter the brain and can infect humans. Not only that, but they can also carry C-J variant disease. (mad cow, wasting disease in deer, etc.) It's sort of a form of Russian Roulette...

• Wow
Reactions: AlistarWills

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
I’m generally pretty easygoing when it comes to food but there are some things I prefer not to eat.
1. Animal entrails
2. Sweet entrees (I don’t like mixing sweet and savory)
3. Macaroni and cheese
4. Vegetarian meat substitutes
5. Brussels sprouts

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I’m generally pretty easygoing when it comes to food but there are some things I prefer not to eat.
1. Animal entrails
2. Sweet entrees (I don’t like mixing sweet and savory)
3. Macaroni and cheese
4. Vegetarian meat substitutes
5. Brussels sprouts
Animal entrails is another one for me. Innards are just not very appetizing. Haggis might be the most vile disgusting thing ever invented. I would also add testicles to my list.

Reactions: seebell

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Chicken stew? Ick! Never knew it was a thing.

My list:

Brussels Sprouts
Celery
Carrots
Oysters

Chicken stew is big in north Alabama, cant speak for the rest of the state. Every Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day groups make and sell chicken stew by the gallon, half gallon and some do quarts. The smell is awful! In high school, our sports booster club would make at least 100 gallons those 3 times mentioned above and we would sell out within an hour.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.