With the transfer portal window opening soon, it sounds like the staff may have started having conversations with players regarding the vision of their roles in the future. I would imagine these announcements could be the result.
I wish we could put coaches in the transfer portal...With the transfer portal window opening soon, it sounds like the staff may have started having conversations with players regarding the vision of their roles in the future. I would imagine these announcements could be the result.
Great write up here:The bigger question seems to be, how many WRs do we have left???
I’m curious about the drops - there were 21 or 22 before Austin Peay, IIRC. It seems from reports Holden dropped some but I’m curious about the rest.Leary’s departure is not unexpected. At the Spring game, according to what I read, he had the best game amongst the receivers. And then he vanished, hardly any playing time, if any, for unknown reasons. Was it bad hands, attitude, drop off in speed( allegedly the fastest on the squad), could not follow routes, argument with BOB, or what?
And four incoming, so it’s not done yet.Great write up here:
This one is a little tougher. In 2021, Alabama found themselves short-handed at the position late in the season and Nick Saban vowed not to let that happen again. Thus, they have a deep group of young talented receivers.
- Jermaine Burton JR - ? He came on strong in the last few games, but he could use another year of seasoning. However, it is very possible he could test the NFL waters.
- Traeshon Holden JR - TRANSFER PORTAL: He had 6 touchdowns but all in blowout games. He often disappeared in the big games. Is it time for him to move on to another team or might he try for the NFL?
- Ja’Corey Brooks SO - STAYING: Potential to be the next big ace receiver at Alabama if he can stay consistent.
- Isaiah Bond FR - STAYING: Getting better every week.
- Kendrick Law FR - STAYING: Improving, had all of his receptions in November games.
- Kobe Prentice FR - STAYING: A surprise starter early in the season, led all Tide freshmen in receptions and yards.
- JoJo Earle SO - STAYING: He needs a full year to show what he can do.
- Shazz Preston FR - STAYING
- Emmanuel Henderson FR - STAYING
- Aaron Anderson FR - STAYING: An injury kept him out all year. Bama could have used a guy like him in the slot this year.
- Tyler Harrell R-SR - ? He previously used his redshirt at Louisville and is a fifth year player. He has been injured most of this past year and did not play until October 22. Could Saban bring him back for a bonus year? If he is healthy and still has that breakaway speed, it could benefit both parties.
- Christian Leary SO - TRANSFER PORTAL: Lost in the shuffle.
- Thaiu Jones-Bell JR - TRANSFER? Passed up by younger players.
I have to believe it depends on where you're transferring to. Big State school to big state school, they probably make the academic transfer work.I wonder if academic eligibility, credit transfer could be factored or influenced in the transfer?
One of the reasons that Shaw retired.I have to believe it depends on where you're transferring to. Big State school to big state school, they probably make the academic transfer work.
For grins I looked up Stanford, and it appears they have had a total of one player transferring in, a guy that had completed his master's in economics in 4 years at OU and was a grad transfer.
This makes me happy. I’ve gotten so tired of saying “Smitty would have caught that” every time he dropped a game changing pass. Bye.