National Transfer Portal news

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Bru McCoy the WR at Tennessee went so many times back forth between Austin, TX and Los Angeles that he must have had some special frequent flyer program with Southwest.

Jan of 2019 commits to USC, signs and enrolls. Then two weeks later jumps into the portal transfers and enrolls at Texas. Then five months later in June of 2019 he transfers back to USC. Transfers twice in 5 five months. Then March of 2022 jumps in the portal again and transfers to Tennessee. Won’t be surprised to see him there again either for the fourth time.

Bru and JT have spent more time in portals than the crew of the Starship Enterprise.
Their 5 year mission, to boldy go where no player has gone before.

Except in this case, they aren't the first.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think this is where CNS has to be very careful because this literal free transfer and immediate eligibility pretty much work against his core philosophy of following “the process”.

I heard Coach Saban speak years ago about recruiting that top high school player. He never promised immediate playing time or success. He only promised opportunities.

CNS stated every player had his sight set on the NFL. His pitch was always “you won’t be eligible for the NFL for three years. Why are you worried about that today? At Alabama we have the best program and process to have you NFL ready in three to four years. All you have to do is be dedicated, work hard and follow that process”.

I think that is the reason CNS hasn’t been “wholesale” into the portal and taking transfers in like some. He has a very fine line to walk there between those already there and the possible “one and done” transferring in to the program.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
With all the players headed "out", have we in info on players that are coming in??
This was written yesterday, prior to Kight and Earle jumping into the portal. Probably pretty accurate in terms of “need” but don’t know how accurate in terms of Bama’s interest. Also expecting we could sign as many as 28 or more thus signing period.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Sure you might eligible for athletic participation but the player should still be a student. I dont see how anyone could transfers as many times as JTD or BM and qualify as student in goodstanding?

I think this is where CNS has to be very careful because this literal free transfer and immediate eligibility pretty much work against his core philosophy of following “the process”.

I heard Coach Saban speak years ago about recruiting that top high school player. He never promised immediate playing time or success. He only promised opportunities.

CNS stated every player had his sight set on the NFL. His pitch was always “you won’t be eligible for the NFL for three years. Why are you worried about that today? At Alabama we have the best program and process to have you NFL ready in three to four years. All you have to do is be dedicated, work hard and follow that process”.

I think that is the reason CNS hasn’t been “wholesale” into the portal and taking transfers in like some. He has a very fine line to walk there between those already there and the possible “one and done” transferring in to the program.

Reactions: CB4

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
This is what I don’t get. Earle was penciled in as the primary return guy and in the wide receiver rotation until his injury at the start of the year.
Success is not promised. Opportunity is though. And almost everything indicates he had that opportunity and was having success until the injury. And even after the injury JoJo was working back into the rotation. So now you bail?

Someone got in JoJo’s ear.

Compare this to Trey Sanders. Grad transfer now but a young man dealt a terrible hand in terms of injuries. Yet he stayed and continued to press on. No things didn’t turn out for him the way we had all wished, but he leaves Tuscaloosa with a degree, an opportunity, and admiration of thousands of Alabama fans.
If I was penciled in as Return Guy, I probably might have a problem with Kool-Aid returning some punts. (Did I imagine that?)
Did Earle get passed while he was out of the line-up? Happens.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Does anyone know why Javion Cohen went into the portal? He was a starter for goodness sake.

Not sure but Booker was taking his spot a lot. He also may have wanted a change of scenery to something a bit less stressful because of mental health issues. Wish he would change his mind and stay for depth purposes. I wish him luck wherever he goes (unless it is to Auburn... lol. Really I hope he does well there too, but hope the team itself loses every game).

• Thank You
Reactions: REDSEA and The Ols

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I have heard on a site that I watch on YT....that BOB and PG are expected to return. I have no idea, but if that is the case? I do know that some of the current players are not pleased..and there is no doubt whatsoever that the ex-players are not pleased. I think those changes MUST be made, but I am not CNS. He will make a decision soon on that..and I really hope he decides for the future. We still have a game to play, so he wouldn't do anything now. The man knows what he is doing.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I have heard on a site that I watch on YT....that BOB and PG are expected to return. I have no idea, but if that is the case? I do know that some of the current players are not pleased..and there is no doubt whatsoever that the ex-players are not pleased. I think those changes MUST be made, but I am not CNS. He will make a decision soon on that..and I really hope he decides for the future. We still have a game to play, so he wouldn't do anything now. The man knows what he is doing.
Not that its important, but if BOB and PG return for 2023, I may have to take a year off from football or just follow the scores or something. I'm not gonna sit and watch with frustration all the same stuff that keeps happening. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.......nah.

bamaclimber

3rd Team
Nov 28, 2016
Not that its important, but if BOB and PG return for 2023, I may have to take a year off from football or just follow the scores or something. I'm not gonna sit and watch with frustration all the same stuff that keeps happening. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.......nah.
That's what I said after the Auburn game last year. I pushed through this year, mostly.

I heard another Alabama fan say that the past 15 years hasn't just spoiled Alabama fans, it has ruined us. I think there's something to that...I've found myself watching less and less mediocre football. I'm learning that applies to Alabama as well. It's just not fun watching a group of people underachieve, especially when there's little improvement from week to week.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Question, what is the quickest way to up your NIL deal? Hey everybody, I'm in the portal. I think we'll see a bunch of guys declaring for the portal and then have a change of mind and bank account.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
There's a lot of "internet chatter" saying that, but to be honest, no one really will know until after the early signing is over and possibly the bowl game. There's just too much that could go sideways in recruiting if it is announced before early signing.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
That's what I said after the Auburn game last year. I pushed through this year, mostly.

I heard another Alabama fan say that the past 15 years hasn't just spoiled Alabama fans, it has ruined us. I think there's something to that...I've found myself watching less and less mediocre football. I'm learning that applies to Alabama as well. It's just not fun watching a group of people underachieve, especially when there's little improvement from week to week.
Oh no doubt this is what has happened and it's impacted me as well. Be it right or wrong, I now have little to no interest in taking what amounts to half a day every Saturday to watch not-great football. Even though what I'm watching is good football, just not great football. I guess my daddy's saying "once you've had a steak you don't want to go back to hotdogs" applies here. LOL!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.