NBA Draft 2022

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think KEON has NBA potential....may never be a superstar, but with his length and defensive skills, I think he can have a decent career.

I'm not as optimistic about Shack translating into the NBA...I'll take that back if he can prove to be a more reliable 3-point shooter...but his ability to play in traffic and handle the ball and defend on the NBA level is questionable IMO. That said...I'm rooting for him to succeed!
Unfortunately for Shack and Q is that they are just too short for the modern NBA.

Unless you have skills at a level like CP3, Curry or Van Fleet you can’t be a PG at 6.1-6.3. Shack is a 2 and is a small 6.3…..And has a slow release, playing against 2-guards at 6.6 or taller.

It’s going to be a rough road for both. Keon, I agree though, can have a career because of his height, his defensive effort, and his three-point shooting. But there are 100 other guys with similar skill sets. Won’t be easy

Reactions: day-day and dtgreg

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Quinnerly is coming back to Bama for another year. Did you possibly mistype and mean Shack? I believe he signed with OKC.
No, Cajun mentioned him and Shack together as being "too short" for the modern NBA.

I did forget he announced he was coming back to UA for another year. Thanks for reminding me!

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm glad everyone that entered the draft has options. Wishing them much success. This is the second year where I got the draft for Mama players totally wrong. I thought Primo should have stayed in college at least another year and he goes to the Spurs as a lotto pick ... I thought JD would at least be drafted in the first round and he goes almost at the end of the draft to the Celtics ... I give up lol

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm glad everyone that entered the draft has options. Wishing them much success. This is the second year where I got the draft for Mama players totally wrong. I thought Primo should have stayed in college at least another year and he goes to the Spurs as a lotto pick ... I thought JD would at least be drafted in the first round and he goes almost at the end of the draft to the Celtics ... I give up lol
One of the big differences between Primo and JD is that Primo blew up the pre-draft camp/combine whereas JD apparently did not, or at least there didn't seem to be any chatter about him. Had Primo gone to the combine and struggled then he would have been better coming back for another year of college but instead he upped his stock significantly. From watching both of them play their freshman season, Primo seemed to be the more consistent and more aggressive whereas JD was much more passive which I assume was due to the giant leap in talent level that he was used to going up against.

Reactions: seebell

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
The talent on our team was grossly overrated and came nowhere close to overcoming the lack of effort and concentration that ultimately defined the season.

At this stage of their games, all three of our draft-eligible players will have trouble sticking in the D-league, much less cracking an NBA roster. I wish them well, but good lord, they're just not that good.

J.D. would have made more money staying in Tuscaloosa than he's likely to get now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Countrytider2

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
JD may have been encouraged to move on to the NBA. CNO may have foreseen other coming in after him having more complete games.

JD is a raw as Gerald Wallace was when he left, imo.

Countrytider2

1st Team
Oct 25, 2021
JD may have been encouraged to move on to the NBA. CNO may have foreseen other coming in after him having more complete games.

JD is a raw as Gerald Wallace was when he left, imo.
Wallace had a MUCH bigger impact on Alabama basketball at the time, than JD ever came close to.

Also, Wallace had an under-the-radar decent NBA career. 2001-2015… an All Star appearance in 2010, and all NBA first team defender.

JD will be in the D league soon if he’s lucky. The best he can hope for is to carve out some type of pro career playing overseas. IMO.

Last edited:

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Wallace had a MUCH bigger impact on Alabama basketball at the time, than JD ever came close to.

Also, Wallace had an under-the-radar decent NBA career. 2001-2015… an All Star appearance in 2010, and all NBA first team defender.

JD will be in the D league soon if he’s lucky. The best he can hope for is to carve out some type of pro career playing overseas. IMO.
Wallace was a better player coming in (and going out). He was after all national HS player of the year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.