Alabama: NCAA Needs Change, Emmert Doesn’t Have Answers for Congress

selmaborntidefan

Hall of Fame
Because all you have to do when you get beat by a home run play is to tackle the open receiver before the ball gets there instead of giving up a touchdown. I don't understand why more college defenders aren't smart enough to utilize this concept. If the 15 yard rule was a thing in the NFL then you would have an overlong game of people tackling receivers to prevent long bombs. It would be like the Hack a Shaq bull crap that goes on in the NBA.
I've never understood how La Tech beat us for this very reason.

Just cream the receiver.

• Thank You
Reactions: 81usaf92

selmaborntidefan

Hall of Fame
Folks, just look at Auburn's defensive coverage year after year. Gus has decided to go with the "they can't possibly call it every single play to go ahead and commit DPI and eventually they'll let us get away with it."

And in the college game you have very little to lose. When your choices are "TD" or "they get a first down still some 50 yards from the end zone," it's obvious which is better.

Reactions: UAllday

81usaf92

Hall of Fame
Apr 26, 2008
Sylacauga,AL
I've never understood how La Tech beat us for this very reason.

Just cream the receiver.
ive often wondered if we did that against Clemson in Santa Clara, would the game been over by the 4th quarter. Their receivers made our linebackers and dbs look like high schoolers going against Deandre Hopkins