NCAA Portal Talk

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Stehpon Wynn in the portal now.

Trying to figure out the others who will enter the transfer Portal.I assumed the D/Lineman would be Wynn/Ingraham.There will be a Secondary player,or 2, go also. Slot Receiver Thaiu Jones-Bell or THolden will be gone.Possibly Earle.Not all 3. OL Tanner Bowles will be gone.Maybe an LB like DKennedy.

There will be 5 at the least. 3 above counting the rookies showing up next month before the Wynn news.Then they have to make room for Harrell and another TE or OLineman.....Somebody help?

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Trying to figure out the others who will enter the transfer Portal.I assumed the D/Lineman would be Wynn/Ingraham.There will be a Secondary player,or 2, go also. Slot Receiver Thaiu Jones-Bell or THolden will be gone.Possibly Earle.Not all 3. OL Tanner Bowles will be gone.Maybe an LB like DKennedy.

There will be 5 at the least. 3 above counting the rookies showing up next month before the Wynn news.Then they have to make room for Harrell and another TE or OLineman.....Somebody help?
I could see Jones Bell and Ingraham. We are pretty thin at O-Line and Holden has been praised by Saban as having a good spring. We are also thin in the secondary so not sure who would leave there.

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Holden is not transferring he is basically a starter, or earle or Kennedy

Of those you named Jones bell is a possibility, though id love to keep him and use him in the slot. Bowles is a sprained ankle from playing time so I'm not sure about that one.

"Room" for Harrell was made when hall left.

And yes I think we add a tight end if anyone worth taking hits the portal, but will be fine there if not when freshmen arrive and if/when Randolph moves back there.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
I could see Jones Bell and Ingraham. We are pretty thin at O-Line and Holden has been praised by Saban as having a good spring. We are also thin in the secondary so not sure who would leave there.
My opinion is that the Coaches know that Holden is not a guy they can win a Ring with playing heavy minutes.In fact,I would think they hold Slade in far higher esteem. Without question.Holden has BIG difficulty getting any separation running his single and combo routes.I know one place for sure where this team is NOT thin at is in the Secondary :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ..This room will be a HUGE strength for this team and Defense.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
My opinion is that the Coaches know that Holden is not a guy they can win a Ring with playing heavy minutes.In fact,I would think they hold Slade in far higher esteem. Without question.Holden has BIG difficulty getting any separation running his single and combo routes.I know one place for sure where this team is NOT thin at is in the Secondary :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ..This room will be a HUGE strength for this team and Defense.
That would be news to the coaching staff.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Holden is not transferring he is basically a starter, or earle or Kennedy

Of those you named Jones bell is a possibility, though id love to keep him and use him in the slot. Bowles is a sprained ankle from playing time so I'm not sure about that one.

"Room" for Harrell was made when hall left.

And yes I think we add a tight end if anyone worth taking hits the portal, but will be fine there if not when freshmen arrive and if/when Randolph moves back there.
What about Koht? Seems like every other OLB got PT and recorded some stats in A-day, but I don't recall seeing him out there at all. Kennedy moved from ILB and took the second team reps ahead of him...

BJ4TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah I love when people act like they know what the coaching staff is thinking and who is not good enough to win a ring.
It seems that Patton is trying hard to be an “insider” or “in the know.” I think the desire is to be a Jam or B’ham. They didn’t force it though, and didn’t try to be smarter than everyone in the room. They just let their knowledge do the talking.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It seems that Patton is trying hard to be an “insider” or “in the know.” I think the desire is to be a Jam or B’ham. They didn’t force it though, and didn’t try to be smarter than everyone in the room. They just let their knowledge do the talking.
Possibly. The problem is that suggesting Holden is most likely the guy on the move is totally going against what people with inside sources and what coaches have been saying. It’s more his personal opinion which is fine but suggesting that the coaching staff is starting to give up on Holden without substantial evidence is a bit of a reach.

Holden could possibly transfer, but I would probably pick a few other receivers over him to probably leave if there are transfers. That is based on what I’ve heard from people who have laid eyes on this team past a very vanilla A-day showing. But guessing who leaves correctly is difficult because each kid is different and some desire immediate playing time and some want other things.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Holden is possession guy/red zone guy who can snatch the ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.