NCAA Portal Talk

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
IMO, if you are a scholarship player you shouldn't be allowed to jump ship and then play for another team without a reasonable waiting period.
You mean like the old rule...sit out a year...agreed...when they removed that this is what we got...unintended consequences...i think NIL is going to have the same ( if it hasn't already)..NCAA is run by idiots with low IQ.

Reactions: RTR_UA#1 and Bamaro

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Great move for Beamer Jr. regarding Rattler He’s going for it. He’s very active in that portal. The kids and fans seem to really like him. His energy level is off the charts. I think he will be a thorn in Dabo and Kirby’s side sooner than later.
Yea, I like him too. The Gamecocks and the Gators both got good ones.

BigPoppa52

3rd Team
Oct 25, 2020
IMO, if you are a scholarship player you shouldn't be allowed to jump ship and then play for another team without a reasonable waiting period.
Or be required to pay back the amount of the scholarship you have received up to the date the portal is entered.

As with most new releases, this one is full of bugs. Now with Apple or Microsoft, I would expect them to catch the bugs for the most part and clean them up ASAP, but this is the NCAA. The concept of the NIL is good and overdue. BUT, it must be tweaked. Colleges like Texas, and I'm sure others, should not be allowed to list their a la carte menu for paying players. Period.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It’s humorous that I constantly see Alabama fans fearing Miami, Oregon, and Texas when any changes to recruiting happens…. Yet I still see any and every change favoring Alabama and Ohio St and all the money in the world has had little effect.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
. I don’t think people really say it this way, but let’s not make a mistake: We have free agency in college football,” Kiffin said Monday. “The kids a lot of times go to where they’re going to get paid the most. No one else is saying that, maybe. But the kids say, ‘This is what I’m getting here from NIL.’“
- there are some in CFB that are a little upset with Lane for being this blunt, but it is the truth.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I guess he decided that, to show what he's really got, he needed to play in the SEC.
I think the demand was lower for him than you'd think and he had a pre-existing relationship with Beamer who desperately needed a QB. They literally had a GA come out of retirement to play for them this past season.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I was a proponent of an NFL development league long before the portal. I got sick of hearing about kids walking away after four years as a “student athlete” not being able to spell “CAT” even after you give them the “C and the A”.

Let those committed to be “students first” cast their lot with college football. Let the NFL build their own “minor league”.
👏👏👏👏👏

Reactions: Tide Rev

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Great move for Beamer Jr. regarding Rattler He’s going for it. He’s very active in that portal. The kids and fans seem to really like him. His energy level is off the charts. I think he will be a thorn in Dabo and Kirby’s side sooner than later.
It's worth the risk for Beamer/USCe but I think Rattler is toxic. I've never gotten over his behavior on QB1 -- I'm not shocked he was unpopular within the OU program and everyone was so excited for Caleb Williams.

Reactions: DogPatch

crimsonseal12

3rd Team
Aug 10, 2011
Gulfport, Ms
Well jmho, it isn’t Nil nor the portal that is driving this. It’s television and the money that is destroying college football. Before the portal everyone was saying that if a coach can break his contract and leave for another school a player should be able too. Hence (I know I hate that word too) a player should be able to. Then players should be paid. The schools and conference’s make millions why can’t the players. The portal sent loyalty to your school out the window. Players were already being paid. Out of state tuition to attend Alabama in 2014 (I was born and raised in Alabama joined the military in 1982, paid state taxes till 2002 and retired) for my daughter was 92,000.didn’t matter that I paid all those taxes while I wasn’t there and did not reap any benefits but now that she wanted to attend after all the money I paid to state I did not matter what so ever. So from 2015-2018 those that played football on scholarship made $23,000 a year. Now on top of that they get their NIL. Why…money the best players are going to go where they can make money, the best coaches are doing the same. We all love a great game, that drives up the ratings, the advertising, and the networks get rich. So…. Wait…. Are we to really to blame? We buy the tickets, the merchandise, watch the games, travel to the bowl games, rent he rooms…

we are the one that can also fix this. But no I’ll never not watch the Tide play. It gonna get worse

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.