NCAA Portal Talk

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
What's hilarious is they sound like shorthorn fans now, "we have more money than they" etc...

As if once you reach a certain point the amount of money you have access to matters. No school can outspend Bama, if for no other reason than there are realistic limits as to how much money can / will be paid to coaches and players.

I will always laugh at those who act as if wealthy boosters will simply shovel money in to their sportsball program of choice. There have been about two that have done so, and it's had remarkably little impact.
SMU would disagree...money bought them success, until it didn't.

Reactions: twofbyc

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
After last night and the probability of Jamo and Metchie going pro, we need a experienced WR out of the portal. He doesn’t have to be all world because Jamo was a guy with potential but didn’t reach it until this year. I think we need a blocking TE just as bad. I think Billingsley more than likely played his last game in crimson and Latu just isn’t physical enough. Maybe Outz can be that guy but adding a big TE who can block and be a adequate receiver would be ideal. Defense should be good with the addition of Ricks and the talent on hand.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
After last night and the probability of Jamo and Metchie going pro, we need a experienced WR out of the portal. He doesn’t have to be all world because Jamo was a guy with potential but didn’t reach it until this year. I think we need a blocking TE just as bad. I think Billingsley more than likely played his last game in crimson and Latu just isn’t physical enough. Maybe Outz can be that guy but adding a big TE who can block and be a adequate receiver would be ideal. Defense should be good with the addition of Ricks and the talent on hand.
we have two really good TE's that were signed this recruiting year. We will be fine their, but you may be right about WR. These younger guys don't seem to know how to elevate their game.

JD Dupree

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 8, 2017
Is it odd that 5 guys on scholarship enter the transfer portal not even 24hrs removed from the NC game? Or is this simply guys trying to find a landing spot ASAP? Wouldn’t seem they had their end of year review with coach Saban yet.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.